Thursday, August 31, 2023

Romans 15:13 - "Peace Be Still"

I'm thankful Hurricane Idalia is out in the ocean. I know a lot of people did not fare as well as did and I pray they will have people around them who will be Jesus' hands and feet to them. Last evening as we were finishing up dinner a large limb fell out and hit the Carolina room but it appears to have not caused any damage. It was startling when it happened with the noise and the house shaking. We normally sit out there to eat but due to weather conditions ate inside. Another blessing in the situation was earlier in the day between rains Doug had been sitting in a lawn chair in that exact spot. Wow, God! Thank You for Your protection in so many ways! Physical, emotional, mental, financial, relational, and spiritual storms all happen in life. None are usually very fun to go through but we can learn something through all of them. We can chose to trust God and lean into His strength through them or we can pull away from Him. We are the only one who can make such decisions for ourselves. Yesterday morning God brought Romans 15:13 to my mind and kept it with me throughout the day. It reads in the New International VersionMay the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. This morning I read it in various translations. The Passion Translation reads: Now may God, the fountain of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with his super-abundance until you radiate with hope! I love the word picture this gives us of God being a fountain and our joy overflowing in the manner of being uncontainable. People will see Him in us when we live for Him. The peace we receive no matter what type of storm we find ourselves in will be perfect peace as you trust in him. Not only will we receive His perfect peace but we will receive His empowerment to not just get through the storms of life but to glorify Him through them. Then, and only then, will we radiate the hope of Christ. Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! Today is a new day. The hurricane has passed and I'm sure when the sun comes up there will be things to clean up. Some of the cleaning up will be as easy as picking up some fallen limbs while other clean up will be more intense. No matter where we find ourselves today God is with us and desires of be our hope, joy, peace, and empowerment. I pray God's uncontainable joy over not only myself but all. I pray people who are not in relationship with Him to find Him and those in relationship with Him to trust Him more than ever before. I have "Peace Be Still" on my mind this morning...                           

Peace be still

Say the word and I will

Set my feet upon the sea 

Till I'm dancing in the deep

Oh peace be still

You are here so it is well

Even when my eyes can't see 

I will trust the voice that speaks

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your word that gives us hope, joy, peace, and empowerment! Thank You for protection over us through Hurricane Idalia! I'm so grateful the limb did not fall out of the tree when Doug was sitting out in the yard yesterday. I pray for all who were not as fortunate as we were and lost property and/or lives. I pray for people to be in their path to be You in the days ahead. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your hope, joy, peace, and empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hope, Joy, Peace, and Empowerment! Amen. 

No comments: