Thursday, August 3, 2023

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Goodness of God"

I had such a pleasant dream. I was at a huge church building filled to overflowing with people. The coolest part was I knew everyone. There were people from all four churches I have been involved in over the last sixty-two years. Orrville Church of Christ, Orrville Nazarene, Willard Nazarene, and Beaufort Nazarene. There were people on the stage involved in ministry that I had in children's ministry over the years. I was holding a baby which of course I always do when there is one around. I had people come up and ask me to pray with them which I always do when asked. I received so many hugs and words of encouragement. I'm not sure why God gave me this dream but it was a gift. We talked in Bible study last night about how there are so many people who are not in relationship with God. There are many who knew God at one point in their life but chose to allow the enemy to pull them away from Him. It saddens my heart to see them and I will continue to pray for them to get back with God. I know when I walked away from God there were people praying for me. I am grateful for that knowledge. It was heavy on my mind during that time. I remember people sending me cards telling me they were praying for me. There were times I threw them away but other times I read them over and over again. I think one of the lessons learned at that time is we don't have to know details when God gives us someone to pray for. This week I had two people ask me to pray for one of their family members. I have been praying for both of them. I don't know what the need is but God does and that is all that matters. I know I am being obedient to Him by praying. I also am encouraging those who asked for prayers. I pray I will be an encourager to all who come in my path. I also pray people will realize when God puts an opportunity before us to pray He already knows the need. He doesn't need us to pray but when we do we will draw closer to Him. I am so thankful for my relationship with Him. I am thankful He waited for me to come back to Him when I walked away. I am thankful He has been with me every step of my path but especially for these last seven years with my breast cancer, Doc's pancreatic cancer and death, the loss of my dear friends Grammy, Mr. Fran, my Mordecei, and Rickey, my fall, the loss of my dear Momma...oh my the list is long. I also am thankful for all the blessings that come my way over and over again. My biggest blessing is the realization of the promise God had a man for me. I waited a year after that promise was given and Doug was worth the wait. Adjustments to married life again have not always been easy but thankfully God continues to give us what we need to love each other through the rough spots in life. We both know God brought us together and that certainly helps in the process. Jeremiah gave the Lord's words to the exiles in Jeremiah 29:11-13. It reminded them God had great plans for them. They remind me He has great plans for me. I love the words of the song "Goodness of God" and know beyond a shadow of a doubt I mean these words when I sing them...

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God

Dear Jesus, Thank You Jesus for all that was accomplished yesterday and for the blessings ahead today! Thank You for Doug who worked so hard mowing the church and our house yesterday! Thank You for blessing me with the dream last night! You are such an Encourager to me! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through difficult days to lean into Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Encourager! Amen.  

No comments: