Sunday, August 13, 2023

Jeremiah 29:11-13 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

Last night before going to bed I prayed for pastors who would be preaching today. I asked God to have all of us in relationship with Him so we not only heard His voice but walked in obedience to Him. That prayer led to me praying for the people who would hear sermons today. I prayed for regular attenders along with visitors. I prayed people would be receptive to what God had for them. That prayer led to praying for some particular people on my prayer list who have deep needs. Sometimes the knowledge I have of people's lives hurts my heart. Some of the circumstances I see them in hurts because I know if they would just allow God to help them they would receive His strength. It can be a scary thing to do yet so rewarding. So many times we believe we can do life on our own but in fact when we do life on our own we mess things up. We make 'bad' decisions, we are miserable, we feel hopeless, etc. God wants to guide every aspect of our life. He does not want us making any decision without His input. I am reminded this morning of the song "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" as I pray for many people who need to take the step toward allowing God to be their Guide. 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour

Yes! There have been many times in life when I felt like I did not know what to do but God knew and provided His wisdom. Sometimes I chose to not listen. It was in those times the hurt became deeper until I finally allowed Him to be Who He desired to be in my life. Then life was complete. The joy in my spirit was once again felt deep in my soul. His love was experienced more than before and His grace was received. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray for pastors last night before bed, during the night, and again this morning! Thank You for my husband Doug who blesses me in abundance every day! Thank You for our time with Teri and Betty last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Guide! Amen. 

No comments: