Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Psalm 37:4-5 - "Gratitude"

Sitting by the water yesterday listening to the laughter of family was so special. I loved watching them play in the ocean. I sat there thanking God for this time with them. It is so hard to live so far away from family. God is so good to give us times like this to enjoy doing life together. The kids keep reminiscing about times we've been together in the past and that brings joy to my heart. Mr. Weston talking about Great Grandma McHenry makes me happy. Watching them gathered around our table eating their favorite meal I make of ham balls and noodles also made me happy. I loved Doug sharing with me the conversations he and Mr. Beckett had yesterday. I also loved snuggling on our bed at bedtime with Mr. Weston and Miss Clementine watching a cartoon. Making memories is the best thing in the world. I am so grateful Doug made this trip possible. Watching him get to know Ben and his family is a gift from God. Every time we are together I see more closeness being developed. Doing life together is another gift from God. He gives us what we need physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually as we allow Him. He loves us so much and desires for us to be in relationship with Him. I am so blessed by Him in so many ways. Last night when I asked the kids to sing the prayer at dinner my heart melted. I am so blessed knowing my grand babies are being raised with Jesus as the Center of their life. I was blessed when Doug told me how Mr. Beckett said "Grandma is a good Christian" in one of their conversations. That brought joy to my heart. It made me feel good knowing that is how my grand babies think of me. This morning as I think about the day ahead I am praying for safe travels as we sight-see in Savannah and for another day of making memories. I also have the song "Gratitude" going through my mind. Words cannot express my "Gratitude" to the Lord for times like these. I know I will continue to praise Him for each and every moment we have together. Every time this song comes to my mind I thank God for my Momma who I watched sitting at her computer with her arm lifted up as she sang along with it. I was saddened this morning to find out her dear friend Elgie left this earth too. I am not sad for Elgie because she lived a long life but for her husband Dick who has lost a second wife. I pray he will find reasons to praise God through these 'tough' days. We all need to praise Him in not only the 'good' days but the 'tough' days of life. When we focus on Him instead of our problems, He will bless us in abundance.

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Ben and his family and for the memories we will make today! Thank You for Doug who loves me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for Dick as he mourns Elgie's death. May he find strength in You. I pray for many to find Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Center! Amen.  

No comments: