Friday, August 4, 2023

Joshua 23:9-11 - "Battle Belongs To You"


This week God has given me what I call 'bits and pieces' of three upcoming sermons. I love hearing from Him on what He desires for me to preach. I also love the way He directs me as I craft sermons. It was so cool when I was in the middle of crafting this week's and have Him give me Scripture for next week's. It was also cool to have Him give me the title of one for in two weeks. I appreciate when He doesn't wait until the last moment to give me sermons. He knows I function best in that manner. Yesterday morning there came a point in sermon crafting where I clearly heard Him tell me to 'walk away Daughter' and I did. I didn't want to quit yet I knew He had a reason. He evidently has something I am not ready to receive yet. I am thankful for the peace He gives in such times. I also am thankful for the way He speaks to me in every day life. Last night when we took a walk in the neighborhood we had the opportunity to visit with four neighbors. One was a new family who just moved into the neighborhood. Of course my husband being who he is asked them if they had a church yet and told them I was not only his wife but his pastor. Even though they 'are not religious people' it still planted a seed. Woo hoo! Another neighbor hugged me and thanked me for 'always being there' for them. Another neighbor called out 'love you two' as we walked away from talking. God truly was a part of not only Doc and I moving to Beaufort but putting us in this neighborhood. What a blessing they are to me! I told Doug last night before we met the new neighbors I had to get some baking done to drop off to them. In the conversation then when we met them walking I shared I would be dropping off some cookies and found out their neighbor in New York made the little boy banana bread for a treat. After leaving them Doug asked if I still have bananas in the freezer to make him some. I love how he thinks! He is another blessing God gave to me. Yesterday we went to Lowe's to look at landscape things and then onto eat a sandwich at Rain-n-Bagels before going to see Marion. We had some extra time so we stopped in at our favorite little antique store for a couple things for the cabin. We were pleasantly surprised to find both. While I visited Marion he went on to visit Ms Paula and Jack. On the way home we stopped at Belk with some Belk rewards. He was pleasantly surprised the second dress I looked at came home with me. It was a $94 dress that I bought for $8. Woo hoo! Another blessings from the Lord. As I reflect on yesterday I see lots of blessings from Him from start to finish. Every day is full of them but every day also has its challenges and hurts of the heart. God's love gets me through the 'tough' times through the blessings He pours out upon me. The enemy would love to trip me up and tries to regularly do so. Joshua spoke to the people in chapter twenty-three of the importance of staying focused on God and not allowing people or circumstances to pull you away from Him. It is so important to stay strong in our faith. We must trust God through the 'tough' times to make us stronger in Him. Every 'battle' that comes our way belongs to Him when we allow Him to be in charge. We do not need to be the General but instead need to be His Privates so we can follow His lead. I am reminded this morning of the song "Battle Belongs" and feeling blessed...

So when I fight, I'll fight on my knees
With my hands lifted high
Oh God, the battle belongs to You
And every fear I lay at Your feet
I'll sing through the night
Oh God, the battle belongs to Youc
Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the biggest one being my husband Doug! Thank You for his servant heart whether it be working on a Sunday School lesson or inviting new people to church! Thank You for how hard he works getting things done here at home and at the church! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many to realize the 'battles' they are going through belong to You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My General! Amen.  

No comments: