Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Romans 15:13 - "Grateful"



Three months. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday I was talking to my Momma and other times it seems like it has been forever. I am thankful she isn't here to worry about us being under a hurricane warning. I'm also glad she is no longer in pain with the fibromyalgia or arthritis. My mind realizes she is happy where she is but oh my my heart hurts. I miss our talks and hearing her say, 'Now Sheila Babe you are a McHenry...you will get through it' when I was going through a 'tough' day. I miss going to the mailbox and having a card from her. As we prepare to go to Ohio next week it is going to be hard to not have her home to go to. Sometimes life is hard and other times it is harder. I am thankful for the Lord being my hope and for the way He loves me so much. I do not know how people get through the 'tough' days without Him. I am so thankful for all the days I had with her especially times over the last couple of years. Our times of laughter and doing things made for great times for me to often bring out of my memory bank. She was so disappointed she was unable to be at my ordination service. I am so thankful she was still here on earth to know it was accomplished. Romans 15:13 was given to me on my day of ordination and will always be close to my heart. It reads in the New International VersionMay the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is my God of hope. He fills me with joy and peace. I trust Him completely and I pray for His empowerment. I am so thankful for the promises found in this Scripture. Paul's blessings written many years ago to the Romans is for all. Joy, peace, and hope were great attributes my Momma lived with and ones I strive to have in my life. I am singing Elevation's "Grateful" this morning as I listen to the rain and wait for the storm to pass.

Whatever comes, I won’t complain
For all my hope is in Your name
And now Your joy awaits my praise

Dear Jesus, Thank You for giving me my Momma who not only loved me but especially loved You! Thank You for the promises of Your Word that fill me with hope, joy and peace! Thank You for Doug being here to ride out this hurricane with me! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your hope, peace, and joy over all going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hope, Joy and Peace! Amen. 

No comments: