Saturday, August 26, 2023

Psalm 59:16-17 - "Jesus Does"


I woke up this morning with the song "Jesus Does" on my mind. We need to praise Him for everything we have, we do, we experience, etc. I am reminded of King David's words in Psalm 59:16-17. I am one blessed lady and will be more intentional in praising Him throughout the day ahead.

I praise Him for waking me this morning.
I praise Him for waking me this morning beside my husband.
I praise Him for waking me this morning beside my husband who loves me well.
I praise Him for waking me this morning beside my husband who loves me well and serves the Lord alongside me.

Woo hoo! I have much to praise Him for every day! Yesterday I had the opportunity to talk with a friend who lost his job yet he is at peace. I am so blessed to have people in my life who live in His presence so when 'tough' times come along they have His strength to lean into. I had another conversation yesterday with a friend about his family members who are not in relationship with the Lord. We talked about how their life is different in so many ways but especially when it comes to dealing with life situations. If only they would get to the end of themselves and allow God to be who He desires in life, their life would be so different. These words to this song would take on meaning to them that would change their life...

Who sings the song of sweet forgiveness
Who stole the keys to hell and the grave
Who has the power to save
Jesus does
So we sing
Praise to the Father
Who gave us the Son
Praise to the Spirit
Who's living in us

 
Yes! I love these words that reiterate how we need to praise God for what "Jesus Does" in our life. The more we strive to live for Him the more peace we will receive while on this earth. The more we allow Him to be who He desires to be the more we will anticipate living with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! We have much to praise Him for on this earth. His love, grace, and mercy are showered down upon us every day. Woo hoo! We need to stay focused on Him instead of allowing the difficulties of life steal our joy. When I burned my fingers yesterday, my first thought was 'what a week it has been.' I have been fatigued and tired much of the week without any reason. Doug reminded me my body was healing from the dermatologist appointment. Yesterday I gave it one more reason to heal when I caught the glue gun that was falling off the counter. Urgh! I am thankful God woke me with this song that reminds me to praise Him. We The Kingdom wrote of this song: With a sound as sweet as honey, this song instantly transports us to a pleasant pasture where we can rest and rejoice in Jesus’ embrace. Amen! 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Doug taking care of me yesterday when I burned my fingers! Thank You for my conversation with a friend who lost their job and is at peace! Thank You for my time with my sweet friend Leslie yesterday! Thank You for all the ways You shower me with Your love, mercy, and grace! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen. 

No comments: