Friday, September 1, 2023

II Timothy 1:7 - "Our God"

Yesterday I received a call from a friend who needed to talk. I prayed and asked God to give me wisdom with my words. He immediately gave me three Scriptures to share with her. I love the number three so that made me smile. I shared from The Passion Translation:

For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you the mighty power, love, and self-control. II Timothy 1:7

Now may God, the foundation of hope, fill you to overflowing with uncontainable joy and perfect peace as you trust in Him. And may the power of the Holy Spirit continually surround your life with His super-abundance until you radiate with hope. Romans 15:13 

Let this hope burst forth within you, releasing a continual joy. Don't give up in a time of trouble, but commune with God at all times. Romans 12:12

Fear comes from the enemy not from God. Our God empowers us in His strength and love to be who He desires us to be. When we sincerely repent of our sins, God not only forgives but He also forgets. It is hard for us as humans to forgive ourselves but we must if we are striving to be Christ-like. As we live our II Timothy 1:7 God will fulfill the promises of Romans 15:13. We will be filled with hope, joy, and perfect peace 24/7 as we live in His presence. As we live such a life people will see Him through our words, thoughts, actions, and attitude. I love the word picture of Romans 12:12 of Him bursting out of us. The secret to people seeing Him in us is found in the last part of Romans 12:12. ...commune with God at all times. I love how God speaks to me and I love how He directs me in conversations, sermons, relationships, etc. His love for me is showered upon me in abundance and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for friends both new and old. I am thankful for technology that allows me to stay connected even though miles apart. I needed to hear Marlene's voice yesterday and was so thankful when she answered the phone. I shared with her that it had been a tough week and as the calendar turns over to September there are some 'tough' things to get through. A couple days ago was the three month anniversary of my Momma's death. Tomorrow is the three year anniversary of Doc's stroke and Monday will be the three year anniversary of his death. My annual mammogram is coming up in September which always makes me emotional. The three verses God gave me to share with my friend yesterday were just as much for me as they were for her. I gave her a challenge for the days ahead that I need to take myself. I told her there are three things she needs to look in the mirror and tell herself every morning as she starts her day. 

I am loved.........I am beautiful,,,,,,,I can do this with God's strength

I am so thankful for God bringing Doug into my life to get me through the 'good' and the 'tough' days. He supports me greatly especially with praying for me. When he turned Christian music on this morning, one of the first songs that played was "Our God" which blesses me in abundance.

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what could stand against?
Then what could stand against?
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God! Our God!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the three Scriptures You gave me to share with my friend! Thank You for making me realize they are for me too! Thank You for my conversation with Marlene yesterday! Thank You for Doug who loves me well! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray these three Scriptures over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hope, Joy, Peace, and Empowerment! Amen. 


No comments: