Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Psalm 96 - "Holy Forever"

The Lord took me to Psalm 96 this morning to ponder upon. Verse eleven reminded me of this picture I took last week at sunrise. Let the skies sing for joy! Yes! That is exactly what the skies were doing in this sunrise. I love the beauty of God's nature and the way He speaks to me through it. Last night I took a short walk in the neighborhood and was blessed with the beautiful blue skies. I thought about how there is a storm on its way and prayed for those who have already dealt with the wrath of Hurricane Idalia. I prayed for those in its path to be protected. I also prayed for those who deal with the aftermath of this storm to be in relationship with the Lord and/or have those around them who live in the Lord's strength. Verse nine of Psalm 96 in The Passion Translation reads, Come worship the Lord God wearing the splendor of holiness. Let everyone wait in wonder as they tremble in awe before him. ...wearing the splendor of holiness... That is what I desire to wear. Living in His presence and walking in obedience to His will is where I want to be. Am I successful? Not all the time because i am human. But I know the more I strive to live in this manner the more successful I will be. I also know He is there for me when I fail. This picture also reminds me of verse six in this passage in The Passion Translation. Breathtaking brilliance and awe-inspiring majesty radiate from his shining presence. His stunning beauty overwhelms all who come before him. What an awesome word picture this Scripture gives! Woo hoo! I have experienced the 'Holy Spirit goosebumps' so many times in my life. Knowing God is working, hearing His voice, etc. are all so exciting. Chris Tomlin sings a song called "Holy Forever" that reminds me...

Your name is the highest
Your name is the greatest
Your name stands above them all
All thrones and dominions
All powers and positions
Your name stands above them all
And the angels cry, Holy
All creation cries, Holy
You are lifted high, Holy
Holy forever

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being my Holy Forever! Thank You for blessing me in abundance in so many ways! Thank You for the conversation Doug and I had while we sat by the water when we were walking! Thank You for encouraging me to make time to make cards yesterday! It has been too long since I have done it and I've missed using my creativity in that manner. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those in the path of Hurricane Idalia to have people who rely on Your strength to encourage them. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Mary Lilley; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Holy Forever! Amen. 



No comments: