Monday, August 7, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "Goodness of God"

Hearing "Grandma" and getting hugs from grand babies is the best! Not only was our house full but my heart was ready to burst last night when Ben, Emily and the kids came. Hearing of their adventures getting here was a treat as dinner was getting finished. Listening to the girls talk about their recent Father-Daughter Camp was so much fun. Serving Low Country Boil and watching them all enjoy dinner made me so happy. After dinner we played cards and of course talked more before enjoying cake for the four August birthdays. It's so cool that Mr. Beckett and Doug share a birthday and Miss Clementine was born on Doug's Dad's birthday. Another 'God-wink' for Doug and I. Another treat for the night was tucking them into bed. Oh my, God knows how to bless me in abundance. As I sat last night in the midst of all of the wonderful chaos of having nine people in the house I thanked God for so much. I thanked Him for Doug who made this trip happen. I thanked Him for the joy they give me. I thanked Him for healing in Ben's body not just once but twice as a child. The first time was when an ultrasound showed he was not growing properly in the womb and we were given the option to abort. We were told he would be born with an open spine. Of course, abortion was not an option for us. We, along with people all over the world, prayed for a healing. The next month when they did another ultrasound he was fine. Their explanation was the technician made a mistake in the reading of the ultrasound but we knew God had healed our baby in the womb. When he was born with a scar on his lower back Dr. Milligan confirmed God's healing. Woo hoo! The second time Ben received a healing in his physical body was when he was in high school and diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at Akron Children's Hospital. All of the tests confirmed the doctor's suspicions. His hands were so painful along with most all of his joints. That summer while at Mount Vernon for Camp Meeting we prayed at the altar and he was miraculously healed. The doctor had no explanation when we returned for follow-up testing and the numbers were all clear. They wouldn't accept our explanation of God's healing but I know seeds were planted with them that day. Ben's two healings were for a purpose. God had a plan for him and Emily to raise a family knowing Who He is and what it means to be sold-out to Him. I am so blessed to be his Momma! I woke this morning to the song "Goodness of God" and feeling so blessed!

Cause all my life You have been faithful
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God
I love Your voice
You have led me through the fire
And in darkest night You are close like no other
I've known You as a Father
I've known You as a Friend
And I have lived in the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with being with my church family in the morning and having Ben, Emily, and the kids pull in last night! Thank You for my husband Doug who made their trip happen! Thank You for these days ahead with them and the memories that will be made! Cleanse me so You can fill me so You will ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days to experience Your healing in their spirits and bodies. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Goodness! Amen.  



No comments: