Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Psalm 93 - "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

The Lord took me to Psalm 93 this morning. I read it in different translations and stopped at verse four in the Voice. It describes the Lord as being...More powerful than the thunder of mighty rivers, more powerful than the mighty waves in the ocean is the Eternal on high! As I read it, I thought about a couple weeks ago when I was playing with Ben's family in the ocean. The waves were so strong at times it was hard to stand up. The one time as I was pulling my chair up out of the water a wave knocked me over. I don't know how the kids stayed up in them. Sometimes life feels like that. We feel like it is so overwhelming. We feel like we just get hit with one thing after another. Such times can make our faith falter and they can also take our faith deeper. When I was working on Sunday's sermon yesterday, I came upon something in my reading that I already knew but it sure doesn't hurt to hear again. We must allow God to work through the trials of life to take our faith deeper. We must trust Him more when He allows such times to happen. As we do, we will receive the Lord's love, mercy, and grace in amazing ways. My mind is going back to our study in Isaiah where we read of time after time God trying to get the people to open their hearts to Him. Time after time they refused and did life in their own way. I like what Matthew Henry wrote about Psalm 93. 

The Lord might have displayed only his justice, holiness, and awful power, in his dealings with fallen men; but he has been pleased to display the riches of his mercy, and the power of his renewing grace. In this great work, the Father has given all power to his Son, the Lord from heaven, who has made atonement for our sins. He not only can pardon, but deliver and protect all who trust in him. His word is past, and all the saints may rely upon it. 

God loves us so much that He never gives up on us. He pours His love, mercy, and grace down upon us over and over again. The desire of His heart is for all to live in eternity with Him. The only way for any of us to live in eternity with Him in heaven is to live in His presence while on this earth. When we feel like He isn't with us, it is not because He moved away but we did. We have to stop and be still before Him so we can once again hear from Him. I am reminded this morning of the words to "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"...

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for all Doug and I accomplished yesterday! Thank You for Psalm 93 that reminds me You are my strength when the waves of life are overwhelming. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; a young lady getting caught up in a cult; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 

No comments: