Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Psalm 16:11; I Peter 2:9 - "Somebody To You"

Yesterday was a great day to celebrate my birthday! Doug and I did some window shopping before spending time with Marion over lunch. She is such a honey and I love to watch her enjoy her food. After we got home we went to Hunting Island for an hour or so and then over to Land's End for sunset. It was a perfect kind of day! Throughout the day I received: texts, Facebook messages, phone calls including one with Ben and his family singing 'Happy Birthday' to me, and a text from our dear friend Melvin playing 'Happy Birthday' on the piano. Everyone made me feel so special. I was reminded this morning of David's words in Psalm 16:11. My relationship with God is one of communication where I not only hear His voice but desire to walk in obedience to Him. There is such joy in this type of relationship. I love the last part of this verse where David writes about eternal pleasures at Your right hand. I am so blessed to have eternity with Him as my goal. I am blessed in knowing He is there for me not only in the 'tough' days of life but to bless me through the 'good' days too. My Momma was on my mind many times yesterday. There were so many times I thought, 'I need to call and tell Momma...' only to remember that is not possible any longer. That saddens me yet I am thankful she is with the Lord in a new body. I am thankful for for God's love and for the reminder from Sunday's sermon that God created us for a purpose. He loves us so much and His love gives us great worth. We need to not spend our lives trying to earn acceptance from people but instead need to realize He accepts us no matter what. Eugene Petersen paraphrases I Peter 2:9 in The Message: You are the ones chosen by God . . . from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted. I love that. ...rejected to accepted. Sometimes the world rejects us. Sometimes our friends and family reject us. Sometimes we reject ourselves. God never rejects us. He loves us unconditionally. I praise Him for the knowledge found in the song "Somebody To You"...

Don't gotta be somebody when I'm already somebody to You
Got nothing to prove anymore, so there's nothing to lose anymore
You're gonna keep on loving me for more than just the things that I do
I'll sing it till there's no doubt, nobody can count me out
'Cause I'm already somebody to You, ooh
I'm already somebody to You, ooh

Dear Jesus, Thank You for a day full of blessings for my birthday yesterday! Thank You for Doug orchestrating a great day of celebration! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray blessings over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Accepter! Amen.  



No comments: