Thursday, August 10, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "In Jesus Name"; "I Speak Jesus"

Woo hoo! What a wonderful time we have experienced with Ben, Emily and the kids! We ate more than normal (especially ice cream!), slept less than normal, laughed more than normal...perfect time! The house is now quiet but the memory banks are full. It was hard to hear Mr. Weston say, "Grandma, I'm gonna miss you..." Last night he and I had another conversation about him being sad about Papa Doc and Great Grandma McHenry no longer being with us. He has such a tender heart and very much past his age of five intellectually. The words he uses are amazing. The bonds Mr. Beckett and Miss Clementine made with Doug are priceless. I am so thankful Doug made this trip happen. Seeing Miss Evelyn growing up is startling but I know it is all part of life. I loved how the kids took turns riding with us in our car when we went places. Last night having Miss Clementine and Miss Annabel with us brought joy to my heart as they sang for  us. I love when they sang "Amazing Grace" and Doug and I sang with them. Oh my! The memories made are awesome! God truly blessed us with this time together and I know He will continue to bless us. I feel His love every day but it is days like these last ones that make me more aware of the depth of His love. I am so proud of who my boys have grown up to be but my greatest joy is knowing they love the Lord and are leading their families in relationship with Him. I am thankful for this knowledge. I pray for the Momma's who have prodigal children to receive an abundance of God's love. I pray for the prodigal children to have someone say something that will change their circumstances. I am reminded of the song "In Jesus Name" this morning...

I pray for your healing, that circumstances would change
I pray that the fear inside would flee in Jesus' name
I pray that a breakthrough would happen today
I pray miracles over your life in Jesus' name
In Jesus' name

Yes! Jesus' name is powerful! When we are at the end of ourselves and don't know what to say, all we have to say is 'Jesus'! When we don't know how to pray for others, all we have to do is speak His name over them. There is such power in such actions. God knows all. He knows our heart. He knows the hurts of our heart and is ready to heal those hurts as we allow Him. We who are in relationship with Him must speak Him over those who are not.

I just want to speak the name of Jesus
Over every heart and every mind
Cause I know there is peace within Your presence
I speak Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of these last few days Doug and I had with Ben, Emily, and the kids! Thank You for protecting them on their way home and for giving them more opportunities to make memories! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen. 


No comments: