Monday, August 14, 2023

Psalm 37:4 - "Goodness of God"


Yesterday was such a great day! I love Sundays but when you have someone turn their heart to the Lord there becomes even more to love about the day! There is no better feeling than having the knowledge of a life was changed. My mind started racing as to things I need to do now in this person's life. Make sure they have a Bible, discipleship, etc. As I watched the sunrise I wondered how they felt this morning. Did they wake up thinking about the decision they made? Do they see God's creation differently? Will they tell anyone at work today about the decision they made? Sometimes the first few days after making such a decision is confusing but confusion comes from the enemy not from God. Doubt comes from the enemy too. God desires to walk beside us and love us through such times. He doesn't always protect us from the antics of the enemy because our faith grows in such time but He never leaves us. I am so thankful for that knowledge. I also am thankful for all the ways God encourages me. Last night as I watched Doug bless a couple young ladies I was so grateful. He blesses me every day with his love and care not just for me but for others. Sometimes I feel like I have to pinch myself for the having him in my life. I feel like it is a dream come true. Doc loved me well and life was next to perfect for our thirty plus years. To think God has blessed me with a second man that loves me so well and does life with me in ways that bless me in abundance blows my mind. Woo hoo! I am singing "Goodness of God" this morning....

And all my life You have been faithful, ohh
And all my life You have been so, so good
With every breath that I am able
Oh, I will sing of the goodness of God, yeah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the great blessing of having someone accept You into their heart yesterday! Thank You for blessing me with Doug who loves me well! Thank You for our time of celebration for his birthday! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult times to receive Your peace and love in a mighty way. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Great Blesser! Amen. 

No comments: