Thursday, August 24, 2023

I Thessalonians 3; Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35 - "Jesus Does"

How can anyone sleep ten hours? That is a question only God can answer. I used to say 'Now that's a question I am going to ask God when I get to heaven...' but realized things on earth are not going to matter when we get to heaven. All that will matter is being in the physical presence of God. Worshipping Him. Listening to Him. No one knows what heaven will be like but I am assured it will be wonderful. Sometimes we say things like, 'This is heaven on earth' because we enjoy something so much. Nothing will compare to being in heaven. Sometimes I am jealous of those who are already there and not having to deal with the 'junk' here on earth. I know when my time comes I will have the privilege to join them. I also know as long as I am on this earth I need to live in God's presence and walk in His will. I read I Thessalonians 3 in different translations this morning and feel very blessed. Verses eleven through thirteen were ones I pondered upon. Verse eleven reminds me of Proverbs 3:5-6 that tells us trusting God keeps us on the right path in life. Verse twelve reminds us to love one another as we are told in John 13:34-35. Verse thirteen is the 'icing on the cake' for me. Then your hearts will be strengthened in holiness so that you may be flawless and pure before the face of our God and Father at the appearing of our Lord Jesus with all his holy ones. Amen! Yes! This prayer Paul wrote to the Thessalonians after Timothy's trip to see them is one all believers want to receive. We desire to have strengthened hearts. We desire to be blameless before the Lord. We desire to see the Lord face to face. Woo hoo! Yes! I desire all of these things and am grateful for the hope in my life of the Lord. I like what Matthew Henry wrote of these verses: 

Holiness is required of all who would go to heaven; and we must act so that we do not contradict the profession we make of holiness. The Lord Jesus will certainly come in his glory; his saints will come with him. Then the excellence as well as the necessity of holiness will appear; and without this no hearts shall be established at that day, nor shall any avoid condemnation.

I have the song "Jesus Does" on my mind this morning. I love the knowledge of what Jesus does in my life...

Oh what a Friend
Oh what a Savior
He's always been good
He's always been faithful


Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug and I celebrating four months of marriage with lunch out, browsing at our favorite antique store, ice cream at Kilwan's while swinging at the waterfront, and resting in the afternoon before church! Thank You for the reminders of I Thessalonians 3 and the song "Jesus Does"! I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Goal! Amen. 


No comments: