Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Psalm 62 - "Still"


Ten and a half hours. How can anyone sleep that long? I guess I must have been pretty tired to accomplish such a feat. I am so grateful God knows what I need and provides. I am grateful for the ways He encourages me. This morning I read Psalm 62 in various versions and felt blessed to stand upon 'Unshakable Faith' as this Psalm is entitled in The Passion Translation. There are two times in this Psalm where there are times to stop and reflect on His words or as it reads in this version, 'pause in His presence.' We need to pause in His presence every day. We need to allow Him to speak to us in the 'good' times and the 'tough' times. Yesterday as Doug and I walked on Folly Beach there were big boulders in various places. I believe the purpose of the boulders is to protect the beach from erosion. They break up the waves as they come in which also protects people in the water. In the New International Version Psalm 62 describes the Lord as my rock (vs 2). When we allow Him to be our safe place (vs 2) as it reads in The Passion Translation, He will protect us no matter what we are faced with in life on this earth. We are protected by His wraparound presence (vs 2) as we seek to live in His presence. We do not have to worry about anything but instead need to seek His wisdom when making decisions, His peace when faced with difficult times, and His love 24/7. Verse five of this Psalm speaks volumes to me. I know some may think I am 'putting my head in the sand' when I don't think about tough circumstances I face with people but I see it as allowing God to work in and through me. I continue to pray for those who are against me but I do not worry about them. God knows the outcome and has everything under control. I do not have to answer to Him for anyone but myself and for that I am thankful. I also am thankful for the knowledge He is always here for me. All I have to do is be still in His presence. I am reminded of a song Hillsong sings called "Still"...

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still know You are God

Dear Jesus, Thank You for our little get-away to celebrate Doug's birthday! Thank You for all of the blessings we had with good food, seeing new places, etc! Thank You for Psalm 62 and the song "Still" that reminds me to be still before You in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult times to be still in Your presence. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Rock! Amen. 

No comments: