Friday, August 18, 2023

I Thessalonians 5:18 - "Gratitude"

As Doug had a morning prayer of gratitude the song "Gratitude" came on. That is how my God works! These words say more than anything we could ever say or do...

All my words fall short
I got nothing new
How could I express
All my gratitude?

Yes! I am so grateful for where God has me in life. I am grateful for having a man who listens when I need to talk about Doc. The third anniversary of Doc's death is coming up. I think that's why there have been so many memories creep into my mind. Or maybe it was because Mr. Weston talked about Papa Doc and Great Grandma McHenry so much on their visit. Whatever the reason I am thankful Doug listens. Yesterday as we continued celebrating his birthday, I was grateful for the beautiful weather as we visited another beach. I was grateful for the ways and means to have a picnic lunch and snacks. When we got home, I was grateful for leftovers to have for dinner. So much to be thankful for but especially for God who gives us everything. When I tried to get on my laptop, it was 'dead' which was frustrating. But I soon was thanking God for Doug having a desktop I can use, and my Sunday papers all being printed. There is always something to be grateful for no matter what the circumstances that arise. As I walked picking up shells yesterday, I saw Doug relaxing on the edge of the water. I thanked God for him having a time to rest. He works so hard around both the house and the church. He drives me wherever and whenever I need to be somewhere. He grills for a lot of our meals, cleans, etc. I am one blessed lady to have him in my life. We have been looking for things to put in the yard as we stop at antique stores. Yesterday after stopping at a little shop, I told him how much I enjoy doing life with Him. It's all because of God. I prayed for many months for a man to do life with after Doc left this earth. God promised me a man, but I had to be patient as I waited almost a year for Doug. I am one blessed lady to have other ladies say they are praying for 'their Doug' to come into their life. I am reminded of the words of I Thessalonians 5:18 as I start another day of life. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my Doug who loves me well! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; a young lady getting caught up in a cult; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Gratitude Maker! Amen. 

No comments: