Monday, August 21, 2023

Psalm 8 - "You Are Good (Glorious)"

Last evening we were blessed with watching the dolphins play and the sunset. This morning we set the clock early to get into town to see the sunrise. Unfortunately, the clouds covered it up but it was still a magnificent morning. This picture I took was breathtaking. The rays coming out from behind the clouds remind me of Jesus reaching out to us. The little wildflowers growing in the forefront remind me of people who struggle in life yet continue to grow in 'tough' situations. We saw a crepe myrtle tree last night that was huge and had a lot of dead limbs yet had various places of bloom. I told Doug it reminded me of when we grow old. Some will continue to strive to do God's will and others give up and say they are too old. The blooms on that tree reminded me we all can still bloom when we allow God to be our strength. As we watched the alligators this morning I thought about the way they slide through the water so gracefully. We also saw birds gracefully flying this morning. We, as humans, can learn from other aspects of God's nature. We need to be graceful in life even when we may have the desire to be a 'bull in a china shop' with the wrong attitude. We need to allow God to shine brightly through us in all we do. We need to see beauty in 'tough' circumstances such as the little wildflowers growing along the roadside. I feel so in tune with God when out in His creation. I am so blessed to live in an area of such beauty. The humidity was 91% this morning which made everything feel icky and the pain in my hip/leg was causing issues but it did not stop me from experiencing God. I am reminded of the words of Psalm 8. There is a part of verse one in The Passion Translation that I pondered upon this morning. People everywhere see your splendor. If people are not in relationship with God, do they see Him in the beauty of His creation all around us? If not, how do they explain it? We need to get better at sharing Him with others so all can see Him everywhere they look. In verse three in The Passion Translation David describes God as the fascinating artist. Yes He is and I am grateful to see His artistry every day. David begins and ends this Psalm with these same words: Yahweh, our Sovereign God, your glory streams from the heavens above, filling the earth with the majesty of your name! People everywhere see your splendor! He knew God deserved to be glorified and gives us the example to follow in our life. I love a song Matt Osgood sings called "You Are God (Glorious)"...

No painter could portray the wonders of your worth,
your splendour fills the skies and echoes through the earth.
Our thoughts cannot contain the mystery of your ways,
but still our hearts are full with all consuming praise.

You are glorious,
you are glorious,
you are matchless in your majesty,
you are infinite in worth.
You are glorious.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that blesses me in abundance! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life to share it with me! Thank You for a glorious day yesterday and the start of a new day today being glorious! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for those going through 'tough' days to not only see You but allow You to work in their circumstances. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; a young lady getting caught up in a cult; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Fascinating Artist! Amen. 

NOTE: You can find the song at: https://www.resoundworship.org/song/you_are_god_glorious

No comments: