Saturday, August 5, 2023

Psalm 31; Proverbs 19:21 - "Honey In The Rock"

The song "Honey In The Rock" reminds us God provides. Sometimes we think we know what is best when in fact He has something better for us. Woo hoo! I love these words...

There's honey in the rock
Purpose in Your plan
Power in the blood
Healing in Your hands
Started flowing when You said it is done
Everything You did's enough

What is 'enough'? It is whatever God gives us or allows in our life whether 'good' or 'bad'! It is whatever is necessary for us to learn a lesson or to draw us closer to Him. It is the perfect amount of anything. I love how God works. He took me to Psalm 31 this morning after waking me with this song. This Psalm speaks of Him being my rock in verses two and three. It speaks of how we need to lean into Him in trying times and never give up. We must have confidence in Him and never give up praying. Praises also must be a part of our communication with Him. David wrote from a heart that knew God yet was struggling. That is where we often find ourselves. We are in relationship with Him yet life can be so overwhelming our faith may falter. The attacks of the enemy may become so great we feel like we cannot carry on but we must. God is greater than anything that comes our way. When we live with Him in our heart we are empowered by His strength. The 'honey' in our Heavenly Father is His strength. It is sweet and pleasant. I picture a warm biscuit right out of the oven with butter and honey on it. Mmmmm.... The biscuit would taste good plain but with the honey it is yummy! Our life can be 'ok' but with God as the 'honey' coating it life can be beautiful. Life will be more pleasant when we are in relationship with Him. There will still be 'trying' times but those times are easier to not only get through but to glorify Him in the process. I am so thankful to Him being my honey! I am so thankful for His Word that not only gives us promises to live by but reminds us He has a plan for our lives. I love Proverbs 19:21 that remind us His purpose is always best.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all Doug and I accomplished! Thank You for all the ways You bless us! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through 'trying' days to realize Everything You did's enoughMy sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Honey! Amen.  

No comments: