Saturday, August 12, 2023

II Timothy 1 - "I Speak Jesus"

I know we cannot save anyone. Jesus is the only one who can do so. I also know He uses us as a tool when we allow Him. When I miss opportunities He puts before me, I get upset with myself. He reminds me I am human and He forgives. He also reminds me He will give me more opportunities to share His love. Our Heavenly Father is a loving God who blesses us every day we are still on this earth. Yesterday when Doug and I had a pack of peanut butter crackers he said a 'food prayer' for them. In his prayer he thanked God for the blessing of having them and prayed for those who couldn't walk into their kitchen and grab a snack. That prayer made me realize just how blessed we are and reminded me to be grateful for even the little things in life such as cheese crackers. God woke me this morning with the song "I Speak Jesus" and stopped me at these words...

Shout Jesus from the mountains
Jesus in the streets
Jesus in the darkness over every enemy
Jesus for my family
I speak the holy name
Jesus

Yes! The part about 'my family' reminded me about how I prayed for my boys before they were even born. I wish I still had my diary from high school. In it was listed three boys and three girls that I wanted to have. I named them after the babies on the Gerber baby food commercials. I dreamed big but I started praying then for my future children. Once I was married the prayers became more intense for my children. When each of my boys were born, prayers were added for their future wives and their own children. When their children were born, I started praying for their future wives and their own children. I love the words Paul wrote to Timothy in II Timothy. He recognized Timothy's grandmother Lois and mother Eunice as being a large part of Timothy's faith. I pray I am instrumental in my boys and grand babies spiritual walk. I pray they know I pray for them and they see my strength comes from the Lord. I pray verses six and seven over them. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for blessing me with: Paul, Lizzy, and Miss Bella; Ben, Emily, Miss Evelyn, Mr Beckett, Miss Annabel, Miss Clementine, and Mr Weston; and Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya. May they all feel Your love showered upon them. Thank You for Doug who loves me well and blesses me as we do life together! Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray II Timothy 1:3-7 over all on my prayer list. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Jesus! Amen. 

No comments: