Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Psalm 37:4; Lamentations 3:22-24 - "Every Hour of Every Day"


I woke up this morning with a song David Leonard sings called "Every Hour"...

Every hour
Of every day
Oh, I need you, Lord
And that will never change
Every moment
In every way
Oh, I need you, Lord
And that will never change,

Yes! These words are ones I truly mean when I say/sing them. I need the Lord so much in 'good' days and in 'tough' ones. I need Him physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Ben, Emily, Doug and I sat talking last night after dinner about the condition of the world including in churches today. It saddens me to think about such things but they are reality. Emily said she is having conversations with their children she never thought she would have to have which also saddens me. We all need the Lord. Believers need to lean into Him more than ever before. Non-believers need to come into relationship with Him. Those who believe but do not live for Him need to realize the importance of giving themselves totally to Him. Life is short and we never know when our time on this earth will be over. We need to do our best to live for Him and allow Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Then, and only then, will we live for eternity with Him. This song starts with....

Like new mercies
In the morning still
You surround me

I pray I did as God desired yesterday and did not miss any opportunity He put before me. Thankfully today is a new day and He will give me more opportunities to share His love with others. Thankfully He pours out His love, mercy, and grace down upon us Every hour Of every day. I am reminded of the words of Lamentations 3:22-24. It reads in the New International Version:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Praise God for His Word that gives us great promises to cling to and be encouraged by! I am so blessed by Him in so many ways. These days Doug and I have with Ben and his family making precious memories are precious gifts from God. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Doug and I having this time with Ben, Emily, and the kids with us! Thank You for the memories being made! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. I pray for those going through 'tough' days to feel Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.  


No comments: