Saturday, August 19, 2023

Matthew 22:39; Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13 - "Good, Good Father"

God is so good! I cannot say that enough. I am thankful for His love and for every blessing He puts upon me. Last night as I sat in the Carolina room eating burgers Doug grilled. I thanked God for our home, the food we have to eat, etc. I thanked Him for a husband who works so hard in all he does. Yesterday He mowed and did the weed eating not only at our home but also at the church. While I was away having lunch with the church ladies, he completed all kinds of tasks around the house both inside and outside. I have said so many times I am one blessed lady! My Momma was blessed with over sixty-six years of marriage with my Daddy. They had their 'tough' times, but they also had God to see them through such times. Their example of depending upon God is a legacy to all of our family. Their dependence upon God as they trusted Him shined brightly. Their love for the Lord also shined brightly in the community to those who knew them and to those who did not. Their giving spirits were ones to give of themselves even when they did not have anything monetarily to give. Isn't that the way we are supposed to live? Aren't we supposed to love others more than ourselves (Matthew 22:39)? Aren't we supposed to trust God in all we do (Proverbs 3:5-6)? Aren't we supposed to rely on His strength (Philippians 4:13)? Yes, yes, and yes. I saw my parents adhere to these verses every day. I remember when my Daddy died, and my Momma didn't think she could live alone but she did for over ten years. The way that was able to happen was through the Lord. He provided physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually for my Momma all her life but especially for her last ten years of life. He provides for me every day of my life. He gives me exactly what I need sometimes even before I realize the need myself. He is such a "Good, Good Father" and for that I am so thankful.

You're a good, good Father
It's who You are, it's who You are, it's who You are
And I'm loved by You
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug working so hard not only at our home but at the church! Thank You for safe travels yesterday and for the many miles I will travel today! I pray for another opportunity to share Your love with the young homeless man who stopped at the church yesterday. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Philippians 4:13 and Proverbs 3:5-6 over those who are going through 'tough' times. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; a young lady getting caught up in a cult; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 

No comments: