Sunday, August 6, 2023

Psalm 21 - "Gratitude"

Yesterday was another day full of blessings. Doug and I completed the front landscaping project, I baked eleven dozen cookies for the grand babies, and we went on a sunset cruise with Will, Sandy, and friends. I was exhausted by the end of the day but it was a 'good' exhaustion! Last night seeing the dolphins play in the water was breathtaking. Seeing the sunset on a boat for the first time was another breathtaking experience. Wow does our God do good at artistry! As the dophins were jumping up out of the water I was thinking about how much fun they were having as they entertained us. That led to thoughts of how much I enjoy life and do my best to share the reason for my life to all I meet. God is the reason I am where I am today. He is the reason I am blessed in abundance every day. I love the words David wrote in Psalm 21. The first six verses show us what David pondered upon when he reflected on his life. He spoke of how God blessed him in abundance over his life. The next six verses are David looking forward to how God will continue to protect him. The last verse is an example of what we need to do at all time. We need to stay focused on God so when 'tough' times come our way we can stand in His strength. When we live in this manner we can be who He desires us to be in our life. What a blessing it is to have Scripture to read and learn from. I am so thankful for where God has me in life but especially in my spiritual life. I woke up this morning with the song "Gratitude" going through my mind and feeling very thankful. What a joy it is to know beyond a shadow of a doubt God is ready to accept my praises. He gives me so much yet I have little to give back to Him. What I must remember is living a life sold-out to Him is the best gift I can give.

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug and I completing the outside project, me getting eleven dozen cookies baked for Ben and his family, and our sunset cruise with Will, Sandy, and friends! What a full day of blessings! I continue to pray for all pastors in the pulpit this morning to receive the blessings of knowing they are not only hearing from You but walking in obedience to You. I pray Your strength for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a young man out of rehab; Ross and Mary Lilley; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Abundance! Amen.  

No comments: