Wednesday, August 23, 2023

I Peter 4:7-11 - "My Light"

God woke me to pray for a family I know but have little contact with. He gave me no details but told me to pray for them and I did. After praying He directed me to let them know I am praying for them. Sometimes I wonder why He does such things. He already knows the needs. This family is a God-living family and I know they pray. Why does God have me praying for them? I think it can be to see if I will walk in obedience to His will. I also think it can be because they are overwhelmed with whatever they are going through and need encouraged. I am thankful I do not have to know the 'whys' for such prayers nor do I have to know specifics for them. God knowing all is good enough for me. I am thankful He knows what we need even before we know. Yesterday as we were leaving the dermatologist office Doug shared how he through up one of Doc's 'flair prayers' while sitting in one examination room and me in another. He asked God to have both of our appointments go well. I am so thankful for a praying husband. I also am thankful for how he brings Doc into our lives. His prayers were answered. Maybe not in the way we desired because our plan to go to the beach later in the day was replaced with an afternoon of rest. He had a couple things 'zapped' and I had a place removed from my face. Thankfully all were 'normal' with no further concerns. God's strength was with us during the appointments and as we rested. God's peace was with us as we basked in the knowledge He knows all and is in control. God's joy was in my heart when I woke up from my nap in the arms of my loving husband. God's wisdom is with me as I make calls today to schedule an appointment with a vascular surgeon for my leg. God's love is overwhelming in the way He showers us with blessing after blessing. I listened to a sermon on a podcast yesterday that reminded me God's love, grace, and mercy is available to all who will allow Him to be their Lord of Lords and King of Kings. The pastor shared a quote from Tim Keller that resonated with me. 

The gospel is this: We are more sinful and flawed in ourselves than we ever dared believe, yet at the very same time we are more loved and accepted in Jesus Christ than we ever dared hope.

We all are sinners but we do not have to blatantly sin over and over again. Our Heavenly Daddy is there to forgive us of our sins and even forgets them. His love for us is so great and He desires to pour it down over us 24/7 so we can love others with His love. The desire of His heart is to live in us in such a way people will question our lives. They will wonder how we can have peace in the midst of the storms of life. They will question how we can make wise decisions. They will get to the point where they will ask how they can have what we have when we live our life in such a way God's love is evident in all we do. We need to live our life with the knowledge of I Peter 4:7-11. No one knows when our time on earth will be over. We do not know when Jesus will return. We need to be ready at all time. A large part of our readiness comes in loving others with His love as we live in His presence doing His will. I am reminded this morning of a song called "My Light" and feeling blessed for the knowledge when my faith falters He is "My Light"...when life becomes overwhelming He is "My Light"...I need to share this knowledge with others more intentionally than ever before. We never know when we will take our last breath on this earth.

You're the way when my feet can't find it
You're the truth when my head is lyin'
You're the life when my heart is dyin'
You will be my light, yeah, yeah, yeah
You're the way when my feet can't find it
You're the truth when my head is lyin'
You're the life when my heart is dyin'
You will be my, my, my, my light, oh, yeah (My, my, my light)
My light

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug and I celebrating four months of marriage today! What a blessing You have given me with him. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your joy over many overwhelmed. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam!  Thank You for a young lady making the decision to not join a cult! Thank You for being My Light! Amen. 

No comments: