Friday, October 1, 2021

Hebrews 7 - "The More I Seek You"


The Lord took me to Hebrews 7 this morning. I am so grateful we are no longer under the Old Law. Jesus' death and resurrection changed our lives forever. I guess I should say His death and resurrection changed the lives of those who will accept Him in their heart and live with Him. My life was forever changed when I took the step of salvation but then was changed even more so when I began seeking a sanctified life. Every day I pray for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me. I am not perfect as He is but "The More I Seek Him" the closer I am to Him.

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Hebrews 7 encourages me to continue on the path of righteousness. It encourages me to strive to be more Christ-like. Matthew Henry wrote of the last two verses:

Observe the description of the personal holiness of Christ. He is free from all habits or principles of sin, not having the least disposition to it in his nature. No sin dwells in him, not the least sinful inclination, though such dwells in the best of Christians. He is harmless, free from all actual transgression; he did no violence, nor was there any deceit in his mouth. He is undefiled. It is hard to keep ourselves pure, so as not to partake the guilt of other men's sins. But none need be dismayed who come to God in the name of his beloved Son. Let them be assured that he will deliver them in the time of trial and suffering, in the time of prosperity, in the hour of death, and in the day of judgment.

Praise His Holy Name for the way He works in our lives when we allow Him. I am so grateful He is with me in the 'good' days and the 'tough' days. His loving arms around me is where I find the most comfort. I know He hears my prayers. I also know the answer He gives to my prayers will be perfect and in perfect time. They may not be what I think I want but His answers will definitely be what is best for me. I know the covenant I have with Him will see me through the days I am on this earth so I can be with Him forever in eternity. Woo hoo! 
Verse eighteen tells us the Old Law is not longer because it is no longer needed. Verse nineteen is the 'icing on the cake' for me. It reads in The Passion TranslationFor the law has never made anyone perfect, but in its place is a far better hope which gives us confidence to experience intimacy with God! Woo hoo! Intimacy with God is the best thing to experience! I can experience intimacy with God through Jesus. He is my High Priest who I need to strive to be like. Verses twenty six through twenty eight reads in The Message:

So now we have a high priest who perfectly fits our needs: completely holy, uncompromised by sin, with authority extending as high as God’s presence in heaven itself. Unlike the other high priests, he doesn’t have to offer sacrifices for his own sins every day before he can get around to us and our sins. He’s done it, once and for all: offered up himself as the sacrifice. The law appoints as high priests men who are never able to get the job done right. But this intervening command of God, which came later, appoints the Son, who is absolutely, eternally perfect.

Woo hoo! Yes! My High Priest is perfect! He died to save all of us. He came back to life to live again. He lives in and through us as we allow Him. He is my past, present, and future. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of rest yesterday! Thank You for the opportunities You will put before me today to love with Your love! I pray against any distractions that may take my focus off of You. Thank You for being with Pastor Kevin today as he has surgery to remove the cancerous kidney! May You be so real to him and his family during these 'tough' days. I pray the same for: Frank's family with his cancer surgery; Ashley with procedures and treatments for cancer; my friend's niece Amy as she undergoes radiation for stage one breast cancer; Gay and Doug with his treatments; Little Ivy and her family with her treatments; and Ed with stage four cancer. Lord, I also pray for so many who are hurting from the loss of loved ones. My list seems to grow every day but I pray especially for the Garrison and Edwards families. May they feel Your loving arms wrapped around them. I pray continued strength for many going through 'tough' days. Some physical, some emotional, some financial, and I pray most of all for those struggling spiritually. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; many with COVID; the Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; Sharon Sebolt; William Younger and his family; Joan; Melanie; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Stacy as she recuperates from surgery; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; four year old Jensen who needs a heart transplant; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I praise You for a good report about a young man released from rehab for addiction issues. May he accept Your empowerment to overcome his issues. I praise You for the laughter Rickey brought to me over the phone last night. What an encouragement he is to me. Thank You for bringing him into my life! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. May You flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way! Thank You for being My High Priest! Amen.

No comments: