Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Psalm 89 - "What A Friend"


I woke up with a song Matt Maher sings called "What A Friend" and was blessed in abundance. He is more than just my Heavenly Father. He is my Friend, my Comforter in time of trouble, my Provider in time of need, my Guide in time of needing direction, my Daddy in time of needing encouragement...the list goes on and on.

What a friend we have in Jesus
East to west my sins are gone
I see grace on every horizon
And forever and ever His heart is my home

No more betrayal, for He is faithful
He fills me up and my cup runneth over
No more betrayal, for He is faithful
How He has proven it over and over

No matter what happens in this world He is here for me. No matter how many times I feel pushed down He pulls me back up. No matter how many times people's words hurt me He is there to soothe the hurt. "What A Friend" He is to me! I am one blessed lady to have Him in my life. I have said it so many times before and I will say it again. I do not know how people get through life without Him. Psalm 89:18 reads in The MessageAll we are and have we owe to GodHoly God of Israel, our King! Yes! Woo hoo! Matthew Henry wrote of this section of Scripture:

Happy are those who so know the joyful sound of the gospel as to obey it; who experience its power upon their hearts, and bring forth the fruit of it in their lives. Though believers are nothing in themselves, yet having all in Christ Jesus, they may rejoice in his name. May the Lord enable us to do so. The joy of the Lord is the strength of his people; whereas unbelief dispirits ourselves and discourages others. Though it steals upon us under a semblance of humility, yet it is the very essence of pride. Christ is the Holy One of Israel; and in him was that peculiar people more blessed than in any other blessing.

Yes! There are many times in life on this earth when we want to give up but as long as we have breath we need to keep doing as God desires. When we do, we will live with Him for eternity. When life seems overwhelming, we must lean into Him and allow Him to be our strength. It is hard at times but we must see 'the cup half full and not half empty' if we desire to stay focused on Him. The more we focus on Him the more we will not just get through the 'tough' days but glorify Him through them.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this Scripture and song to remind me that You are here with me! Thank You for the blessings yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the way You were with me as I crafted the sermon for Sunday, mapped out future sermon series, provided my Vitamin water through Chris, had Joshua take my trash, gave me the opportunity to bless a neighbor lady by helping her with an outdoor task, put in my path a friend I had not talked to for a couple months, provided time to make some cards, and ended my day with talking with Rickey over the phone! Thank You for Delores who blessed me by taking care of a task with my Momma and for June who will help my Momma tomorrow with another task! Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! Lord, my heart breaks for those who are dealing with deaths of loved ones. I have once again run out of sympathy cards. So, so many deaths. I am so thankful for those who are with You but I know those left behind are hurting. I continue to pray for David and his family with loss of his father along with Bill as he continues to mourn the loss of his father. I pray Your strength over Ms Savon with her momma's funeral today. The young widow and her two boys who lost their husband/daddy yesterday breaks my heart. I know death is a part of life but oh my is it hard. I pray continued prayers for many going through 'tough' days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her doctor appointment today; Steve; Lisa; Tony and Madelene; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; Jenn Brake's grandparents and others with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Wanda Brown's granddaughter; Josh Gerber's mother; Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Donna from her fall; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. I pray a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, I know what is on the calendar for today but I pray You will not allow my focus off of You that I miss any opportunity You provide. I pray for tonight's Bible study to glorify You in a mighty way. Thank You for being My Best Friend! Amen.

No comments: