Saturday, October 16, 2021

Hebrews 13:5 - "Good, Good Father"


Yesterday was such a blessed day but oh my I am tired. I fell right asleep only to be woke up after three hours with an urgency to pray. I didn't know what for right away but I started praying. A few minutes into my prayers I received a message from a friend who was in the ER. After praying more and talking with her I laughed and asked her if I could count this as a 'virtual hospital visit' on my stats. LOL. It is the pits to not be able to minister as I did pre-COVID but thankfully with technology ministry has and will continue. I am sure the enemy does not like the creativity of pastors. I also am sure we have become more creative than we ever thought we could be. I was blessed yesterday with visits with friends including Marion. She always tells me how much she appreciates my visits and especially my prayers. I know there is coming a day when those visits will no longer be and that will be hard just as when my neighbor Grammy and my friend Mr. Fran left this earth. I get so attached to both young and old. As I left the football game last night, Hunter and Aiden both hugged me and said 'I love you' and my heart melted. I am so blessed by all God puts in my life. I am blessed with all who bless me like my neighbor Matthew who trimmed my hedges while I was away yesterday. Woo hoo! I am blessed with another day of life ahead of me. This body is moving slowing from yesterday. It is kind of funny to think about how I thought it took a while to get moving yesterday but oh man today is worse. A father of one of the senior's last night struggled walking with his daughter. He was using a cane and you could see it was a chore to just put one foot in front of the other. I prayed for him as I saw him leaning on a pole as they waited for the processional and I prayed for him as they finally did the walk. He was determined. It made me think about the times I was in a wheelchair, using a walker or cane, etc. and wanting to participate in things. I thought about the answer to my neurologist when he asked me what I wanted to get from the medication. "I want to play with my grand babies without being in a wheelchair." Woo hoo! I have played with all seven of them without a wheelchair. I don't think any of them have seen me in a wheelchair because it has been a lot of years since using one but the older ones have seen me use my rollator and/or cane. I don't know that they remember it because the last time was over five years ago. But God has and will continue to bless me no matter if I am on my own strength or with assistance. He has and will continue to bless me to live as He desires. He has and will continue to bless me with exactly what I need to not just get through the days but to glorify Him through them. Woo hoo! He is such a Good, Good Father!

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Yes! He loves me so greatly and showers me with His love 24/7, 365 days a year! He loves me no matter what is happening in life. Praise His Holy Name! I am one blessed lady. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for blessings over the ladies gathering this morning. May new bonds be made and old ones be renewed. I pray for blessings for Rickey who blesses me so much even though we are seven hundred miles apart. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days to receive Your love. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Lisa; Tony and Madelene; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; Jennifer Brake's grandparents and others with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Donna from her fall; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I pray for Carrie as she goes back 'home' for her first time since her Momma passed. Thank You for the day ahead and the opportunities You will put before me to love with Your love! Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way! Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: