Sunday, October 31, 2021

Hebrews 13:8 - "My God Is Still The Same"

The Lord woke me during the night a couple times to pray for pastors. Today is the last day of October which is known for two things. Halloween is one which causes great controversy within a church. The other is it is the last day of the month set aside for 'Pastor Appreciation.' This also can cause great controversy. Today will be a 'tough' day for many pastors. There are some pastors who have not been shown appreciation this month nor any time throughout the year. There are some people who feel like a pastor is just 'doing their job' so why should they be shown appreciation. On the other hand there are people who realize being a pastor is not the easiest profession and there is much sacrifice involved. Some will say 'they chose the profession so they need to just do it' while others realize God is the One who did the choosing. No matter what the circumstances there will be some people leave church today unhappy. I don't need special recognition but it is nice to be appreciated. Even if a pastor does not get recognized this month it does not mean their people do not love them. It also does not mean God is not with them. During the night and again this morning the Lord had a song Santus Real sings called "My God Is Still The Same" going through my mind.

When did He break His promise
When did His kindness fail
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same
When did He lose His power
When did His mercy change
Never has
Never will
My God is still the same

Not once did He ever stop moving
Not once has He ever let go
Not once did he ever stop proving
Our God is in control
Not once did He ever stop moving
Not once has He ever let go
Not once did he ever stop proving
Our God is in control

Yes! No matter what happens in life "My God Is Still The Same"! Woo hoo! Praise His Holy Name! He is always here for me to make decisions, love on me when I'm lonely, encourage me when I am struggling, etc. James 1:17 tells us the Father of heavenly lights does not change like the shifting shadows. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow (Hebrews 13:8). He is our past, present, and future. He desires all to walk in obedience to Him. He desires all to love with His love. He desires all to realize how much He loves them. Plain and simple. He desires all to be who He called them to be.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the day ahead! I missed being with my church family and am thankful to be back together today. Lord, I pray for pastors who are dreading today instead of looking forward to it. I pray they will experience Your supernatural empowerment in a mighty way. I pray for those who are hurting and discouraged to have someone speak life over them. May today be a better day for them. I pray for many on my prayer list to have an experience today where someone speaks life over them. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; a young man out of rehab who needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others.  I praise You for Little Ivy doing well on her journey with leukemia! Woo hoo! You are so good! I continue to pray for healing for: Laurie's back, Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Ed; and Frank. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me. I also pray for direction with a decision I need to make today. I do not want to do anything out of Your will. Please be very clear to me with this situation. I pray blessings over Rickey's day with rehearsal. May You continue to guide the decisions he makes. Thank You for being My Past, Present, and Future! Amen. 

No comments: