Wednesday, October 20, 2021

II Corinthians 5:17 - "Beautiful Things"

I ask God yesterday morning to put people in my path for me to share His love with and He did many times throughout the day. Woo hoo! Being asked questions about my beliefs was so exciting! Walking at the waterfront before having dinner with Sandy was so relaxing! Talking with Rickey throughout the day was so encouraging. God is so, so good at providing exactly what I need. Last night's sleep of nine plus hours was another blessing. Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! As I walked yesterday morning here in my neighborhood and then again in the evening at the waterfront I thought about how God is so much more than a Creator. He takes His nature and makes beautiful things for us to experience. That thought took me to thinking about how He takes us and makes beautiful things for us to experience. Woo hoo! I love that thought! A song called "Beautiful Things" comes to my mind...

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

I can attest to this. God has taken the hurts of life and brought joy. He has brought laughter back into my life by bringing Rickey into it. He has given me hope in times when life seemed so bleak. Most of all He continues to love me through all of the emotional up and down times of being a widow. When the tears fall, He encourages me to allow them to cleanse me. When the loneliness hits, He puts someone in my path. God encourages me every day to realize the trials of life are not for my punishment for anything I did or did not do. The trials of life are meant to stretch my faith. This song continues with another thing I can so relate to...

You make me new, You are making me new

Yes! As I walked yesterday at the waterfront I thought about the day of the butterfly release for Hospice. When I had one land on my hand, it was as if God was telling me it was time for me to allow Him to release me just as the butterfly was released. It was time for me to spread my wings a little bit more and allow Him to take me places I have never gone before. I am so blessed to be striving to live in His will. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities You gave me to love with Your love yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation that I enjoyed both in my neighborhood and at the waterfront! Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Thank You for laughter with Rickey and for friends like Sandy who spend time taking me to dinner! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray for our children, teen, and adult activities tonight to bless You in abundance. I pray for my Momma who has another emotional day ahead today. May she experience Your peace. I pray the same for many going through difficult times. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I pray for Jennifer Brake and her family with the death of her grandmother. I pray for my dear friend Marion. Thank You for being My Creator! Amen.

No comments: