Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Jeremiah 29:11-14; Colossians 3:12-13 - "Great Expectations"

God is so good to bless me in abundance! I pray I bless Him too. Yesterday was a full day with Momma having two appointments. While she got her perm I enjoyed a Troyer's cinnamon roll and shopped at a neat thrift store. Afterwards we picked her up some apples and then I took her home for lunch and a nap before the second appointment. The heart doctor gave her a good report which was another blessing in the day. Since the sun was out for a bit we drove around and I took some pictures of the trees that have changed. It is amazing how many are still green but of course part of the reason for that is there has not been a frost yet. God blessed me with getting another thing marked off my 'to do list' with the freezer. I believe I only have three more things to do on the list which is a blessing to both me and my Momma. I have so enjoyed this time here with her. The day ended with me making supper for Momma and Rickey and then watching Gunsmoke. It was a full but very blessed day! God is so good to provide what I need sometimes when I don't even realize I need it. The time of captivity Jeremiah speaks of in chapter twenty-nine is a time God was with them even though they endured some 'tough' times. God has been with me through some 'tough' times and will always be with me. He used and continues to use my past to form my future. Many things I have lived through were not pleasant yet He loved me through them. Did I choose to be a widow? Absolutely not. Did I want Doc to leave this earth? Absolutely not. But this is where I am in life and I will continue to seek His will so I can fulfill His purpose. Matthew Henry wrote of Jeremiah's writing:

It will be the bringing to pass of God's good word to them. This shall form God's purposes. We often do not know our own minds, but the Lord is never at an uncertainty. We are sometimes ready to fear that God's designs are all against us; but as to his own people, even that which seems evil, is for good. He will give them, not the expectations of their fears, or the expectations of their fancies, but the expectations of their faith; the end he has promised, which will be the best for them. When the Lord pours out an especial spirit of prayer, it is a good sign that he is coming toward us in mercy. Promises are given to quicken and encourage prayer. He never said, Seek ye me in vain. 

Wow! I love the part the expectations of their faith! What do I expect of God? Where has my faith taken me? Nothing God does should surprise us because He is God. The way He uses my obedience to His will is amazing. I know I miss opportunities for Him but I also know the more I strive to be Christ-like the less opportunities I will miss. I keep thinking about this week's sermon challenge and pray He will give me His supernatural empowerment to fulfill it every day. He chose me to be compassionate, kind, humble, gentle, and patient. He chose me to forgive as He forgives me. This knowledge that Paul gave in Colossians 3 is one that means so much to be as a believer. If I want to please my Heavenly Father, I need to get better at living as He does. I need to remember no matter what is happening in my little world I need to have "Great Expectations"...

The morning finds me at heavens door
A place I've been so many times before
Familiar thoughts and phrases that I know so well
But dare I go where I don't understand
And do I dare remember where I am
I stand before the great eternal throne
The one that God Himself is seated on
And I, I've been invited as a son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and

Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond my wildest imagination
Lord, I come with great expectations

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Momma getting her perm and having a good doctor's appointment! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation with the fall foliage! Thank You for this time in Ohio with my Momma, family and friends, and Rickey! Thank You for the opportunity to do life with them! Thank You for being with me on this journey of life that can be challenging at times yet so rewarding! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard instead of me int he day ahead. Father, I pray for so many going through 'tough' times to realize You are greater than anything that comes our way and most importantly may they realize their faith will be taken deeper as we allow You to work in and through us. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab and needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Ed; and Frank. I pray for Debbie with loss of her mother and Erin on the anniversary date of the loss of her little guy. Thank You for being My Greatest BlessingAmen.

No comments: