Sunday, October 10, 2021

Psalm 29 - "Reason"


There is little peace with all of the chaos happening in the world except for in those who truly trust God. He is there for us at all time to give us peace in the midst of the storms of life. When the diagnosis of 'c' comes, when the physical hurricanes occur, when loved ones leave this earth, etc. God is there to comfort. He is there to give strength along with peace. Before we can receive either we must realize His love in a new, different way. We must allow Him to love on us in ways we have never done before. We also must remember He is always with us and has a purpose for us while we are on this earth. When we fulfill that purpose on this earth, we will spend eternity with Him in heaven. I am reminded of a song by Unspoken called "Reason"...

He's the peace in the madness
That you can't explain
He's the hope in the heartbreak
The rest in the suffering
He's closer than the air you breathe
From the start to the end to the in between
Don't you dare doubt even for a minute
What He started in you, yeah He's gonna finish

He put that hunger in your heart (Hunger in your heart)
He put that fire in your soul (Fire in your soul)
His love is the reason (Your love, Your love) (Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
To keep on believing (Just keep on believing) (Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
When you feel like giving up (Feel like giving up)
When you feel like giving in (Oh)
His love is the reason (Your love, Your love) (Ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh)
To keep on believing (Yeah)
It's the reason, ah-ah-ah

God is the reason for our existence. He is the reason we can have peace in the midst of the chaos of life. He is the reason we can get out of bed in the morning and put one foot in front of another in the midst of the storms of life. When life is overwhelming, He is the reason we can carry on. When people are hurtful, He is the reason we can hold our head up high. I love the promise in Psalm 29 that He is my strength and peace. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You have given me another day of life! Thank You for the laughter last night over the phone with Rickey that I needed so badly! Thank You for the way he has brought laughter back into my life! Thank You for the day ahead to worship with my church family! I pray for those pastors who are feeling overwhelmed with life and not looking forward to church. May they experience Your strength and peace as Psalm 29 promises. I pray for pastors and their families in turmoil due to decisions made, illness, disease, financial issues, etc. in their life. May they lean into You more than ever before. I pray the same for many going through 'tough' days. My Momma who is overwhelmed with life; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Lisa; Steve; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: those with COVID; Wanda Brown's granddaughter; Josh Gerber's mother; Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I pray comfort for Shelley's family along with the Edwards and Garrison families with their loss. Thank You for the day ahead and for the privilege to preach what You have given me! Thank You for the call You have on my life and for my church family who loves me greatly! Thank You for being My Strength and Peace! Amen.