Thursday, October 7, 2021

Lamentation 3:22-23 - "New Today"


I woke up with the words to a song Micah Tyler sings called "New Today" on my mind...

That Your mercies are new today
Your mercies are new today
I can rest on Your shoulders
There is grace to start over
Your mercies are new today
Your mercies are new today

Yes! What happened yesterday does not have to define what happens today. I have before me a new day with new opportunities God will put before me. I messed up yesterday. We all do but we cannot allow that to affect today. I may have misspoke, missed opportunities He put before me, etc. but that is in the past. Before me is a clean slate. It is kind of like a do-over only with different circumstances. Guzik wrote of Lamentations 3:22-23:

Jeremiah remembered that as beat down and defeated the people of Jerusalem and Judah were, they were not yet completely consumed. There was still a remnant, and remnant with a promise of restoration. Wherever God leaves life, He leaves hope.

We can get so 'beat down' from life's circumstances that we feel like we will never be able to continue. We feel hopeless but God gives hope. We feel so lonely but God is right here with us. We feel so distraught but God is here to give peace no matter what our circumstances. Sometimes I feel like life is a losing battle but that is just what the enemy wants me to think. Sometimes I feel like a failure but that is just what the enemy wants me to think. I remind myself every day God is greater than anything the enemy brings before me. I saw this yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes. 

No matter how many times the enemy tries to trip me up or even stop me he won't win because my God is greater. When the enemy tries to tell me I messed up too bad yesterday for God to use me today, I know it is just lies. Today is a new day. I choose to be more intentional in loving with God's love. I choose to be more intentional in shutting the door on the enemy when he comes knocking. I choose to remember God's faithfulness just as Jeremiah did in Lamentations 3.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day of life! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for second chances! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. I pray for all waking up who feel like they failed You yesterday to realize today is a new day. I pray for all who are struggling with life to realize the devil wants us all to feel like failures but You desire us to live in Your hope. May Your loving arms be felt today by all going through 'tough' day. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Steve; Lisa; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; many with COVID: some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; and so many others. I pray for the Garrison, Edwards, Younger, and Lupton families with recent losses. I pray for those going through or recuperating from procedures/ treatments to receive healing. Ashley, Pastor Kevin, Sharon's niece Amy, Gay and Doug, Little Ivy, Ed, Frank, I pray for a miracle for Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant. Lord, be with many who are traveling over the next couple of weeks and provide times of rest for them. I pray for safe travels for Rickey today as he goes to teach and I pray for an unspoken request I have with a situation I am dealing with. Thank You for the energy the children and teens brought into the church last night and for the Bible study with the adults! You bless me in so many ways and I am truly thankful! Thank You for being My Morning! Amen.

No comments: