Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Colossians 3:23-24 - "Wake Up Sleeper"

Last night I shared with a friend how exciting it has been reading Colossians 3 these last few weeks. I told her I felt like I needed to settle into it for a bit. Once again this morning I read it in different versions and once again the Lord stopped me at verses twenty three and twenty four. It reads in The Message:

Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you’ll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you’re serving is Christ. 

I love the word picture this gives. When you think of an inheritance in the earthly sense, you think of money and material things. The best inheritance we could ever receive is eternal life with Him. As I look at this picture that was taken six years ago I am amazed at how God has transformed me. It was during the time of this picture I was struggling with MS and using my rollator. It had been many months of not walking on my own and I was beginning to think that was the way life was going to be. I never gave up praying for His will. I did not know the specifics but I knew whatever He had in store for me would be what I would adapt to. Life has been challenging over the last six years with many 'mountains' to climb. But as I told my friend last night I praise God for each 'mountain' because my faith is at a greater depth than ever before. I praise Him for being with me every step of the way with or without the rollator. I praise Him for being my strength to continue up the mountains and down in the very deep valleys of life. I praise Him for being greater than anything the enemy puts before me. Plain and simple. I praise Him. I was awake multiple times during the night and every time these words to "Wake Up Sleeper" were going through my head. Oh how I pray for more people to come into relationship with Him and for those in relationship to go deeper. As my friend said last night, 'It is not good to be comfortable.' When we become comfortable, it is easy to be complacent. When we step out of our comfort zones, we will find the biggest blessings from God. 

Wake up sleeper
Open your eyes
Oh sinner, arise
Leave your past at the door
Wake up sleeper
Come to the light
Christ is alive
Death don't live here anymore

Rise up and come out of that grave
Rise up in that amazing grace
Oh sleeper, won't you come awake
Come awake

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for my time talking with Marlene! Thank You for lunch and thrift store shopping with Rickey! I have so much fun laughing with him. Thank You for being with my Momma as she has two appointments today! Thank You for giving her exactly what she needs physically, mentally, emotionally, and most of all spiritually! Thank You for all that has been accomplished with this trip and the memories made! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May people see You shining brightly through me. I pray for many in my little world who are not in relationship to find You. I pray for those in relationship to go deeper. May we all strive to be Christ-like to fulfill the desires of Your heart. I pray for those going through 'tough' times to receive Your peace and strength. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a young man out of rehab and needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Ed; and Frank. I praise You for the water finally being fixed for Momma's washer! I pray for strength in my voice. Thank You for being My Master! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Awake, awake, O sleeper...Isaiah 60