Saturday, October 2, 2021

Psalm 14 - "Stand In Faith"


God directed me to read Psalm 14 this morning. It hurts my heart to hear and see people reject God. I do not understand how people get through life without His strength and empowerment. I also don't understand why people continue to live in blatant sin when God's Word warns us of living in such a manner. The destruction He put on the people at Babel (Genesis 11:5) and Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18:21) showed his dislike for sin. In The Passion Translation verse two reads: Yahweh looks down in lovelooking over all of Adam’s sons and daughters. He’s looking to see if there is anyone who acts wisely, any who are searching for God and wanting to please him. God hates the sin we do but He never hates us but instead loves us. He desires to love us back into His arms when we push away from Him. But what about the people who have never been in relationship with Him? If they have never experienced living for Him, how do they find Him? I believe such people come into relationship with Him through those who will love with His love. People will experience His love through us living it out. We all need to get better at this. We need to get better at showing people what a life with Him is all about. I believe we all need to quit complaining so much and praise Him instead. Days are hard. Life is hard. But God is right here with us to get us through such times. People's words hurt to the core of our being but God is right here with us to soothe our souls. Death, disease, financial issues, etc. are all part of life. We have a choice to make on whether we are going to give the enemy an open door or stand in the empowerment of God. I know it sounds easier said than done but it is possible through God. I have the choice to make every single day on getting up and moving or allowing the MS to take over in my body. I also have the choice to make every single day to give up to the 'junk' of life or stand firm in my faith. A song Danny Gokey sings called "Stand In Faith" is going through my mind...
Can't escape disappointment, can't avoid the delay
But I don't have to make feeling down and defeated the place that I stay
Gonna rise to the moment, gonna speak to the waves
Gonna push back the doubt that keeps dragging me down when I can't find the way

Don't need to see it (Eyes on You)
To believe it (For my breakthrough)
Before You even move or make a way

I will stand in faith (Eyes on You)
Walk by faith (For my breakthrough)
Live by faith (Before You move)
Oh, I believe, I bеlieve, I beliеve...
I will stand in faith! Yes! No matter what comes my way my God is bigger. No matter how hard the enemy tries to tear me down my God is there empowering me. Praise His Holy Name! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the privilege to visit with Marion! Thank You for Patrick who allowed me to pray with him! You are so awesome God in keeping my focus on You so I see opportunities such as with Patrick.
Thank You for Alex and Cait opening up their home to me with dinner! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can focus on Your will and walk in obedience to You today. I pray for safety on the roads and for You to shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. My heart breaks for those who are not in relationship with You. I pray for inroads to share Your love with them in a way they will be open to. I pray for their hearts to soften toward You. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Scott; Lisa; Steve; many going through COVID; many with cancer treatments/surgeries: Pastor Kevin, Frank, Ashley, my friend's niece Amy, Gay and Doug, Little Ivy, Ed, and many more; those who have lost loved ones especially the Edwards, Garrison and Tony Lupton families; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Joan; Melanie; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Stacy recuperating from knee surgery; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; William Younger Family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life who encourages me greatly! I pray blessings over his day today. Thank You for being My One and Only God! Amen.

No comments: