Friday, October 22, 2021

Psalm 118:24 - "What Ifs"

Every day we wake up is a day to rejoice. No matter what we are going through in life there is always something to rejoice about. Today is a special day because it is Rickey's birthday. Not only is it his birthday but it is his first birthday for us to celebrate together. When God brought him into my life, I was unsure of a lot of things in life. But I am so thankful I took the opportunity to get to know him. I love this picture taken one time he was in South Carolina. I think he enjoys the waterfront park as much as I do. God is so, so good at providing just what I need. He is so, so good at knowing what I need even when I don't. He gives me 'tough' days to strengthen my faith and 'good' days to bless me in abundance. He puts people before me to love on me and take care of me. My tribe is one special group of people. They are scattered throughout the world and are faithful to listening to God when He gives them direction on what I need. Sometimes it is a phone call. Sometimes it is a hug. Sometimes it is a meal out. Sometimes it is a prayer. So, so many ways I am blessed by them. If I were to start listing people, I know I would miss someone as there are so many. I try to thank people but I know as a human I miss doing so sometimes. I thank God every day and sometimes multiple times a day for all He does for me. I don't want to miss any opportunity He gives me nor do I want to miss making Him proud of me. We never know when our last day will be on this earth. We need to love with His love in ways people will be blown away. We need to show people not only do we love them but God loves them. I am reminded of Mathew West's song "What If" this morning...

See, I refuse to be a shoulda woulda coulda been
I can't go back in time, I don't have a DeLorean
What I'm trying to say is I don't wanna say these words again
What if, what if

But last I checked this heart
Inside my chest is still beating
Well, I guess it's not too late, no no

What if today's the only day I got?
I don't wanna waste it if it's my last shot
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs
I'm running till the road runs out
I'm lighting it up right here right now
No regrets in the end
I wanna know I got no what ifs

Yes! I want to live as He desires with no what ifs! Woo hoo! Today as we celebrate Rickey's birthday I pray he will realize God's love in a deeper way. I am so thankful he is in relationship with the Lord. It is wonderful to have conversations about the Lord, Scripture, etc. It is so nice to know he has the same end goal. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the safe flight yesterday! Thank You for me having the opportunity to be here with my Momma, Rickey, family, and friends! Thank You for Sally picking me up at the airport and for Rickey taking me for a drive to see the pretty leaves after dinner! Thank You for Courtney who we prayed with over dinner last night! It warmed my heart she remembered us praying for her when I was here in August! I am one blessed lady! Woo hoo! You made the day ahead for a reason. I do not know specifics of what is ahead but I know You do and that is all that matters. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I shine bright for You today through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through tough days. May they wake with the thought of Psalm 118:24 on their mind. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Savon; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Lord, I pray for relief from the aches and pains in my body. I love visiting but oh my the weather causes me issues. I pray for a friend who I have lost contact with to remember You are there for her. Thank You for being My No Regrets! Amen.

No comments: