Thursday, October 21, 2021

I Corinthians 10:23-24 - "This Is My Desire"

 

Paul's words from I Corinthians 10 came up in Bible study last night. Just because something is OK to do it does not mean we should do it. The subject of drinking alcohol was discussed. The Bible does not say it is 'wrong' to drink alcohol but it does say it is wrong to get drunk. The same thing goes with eating. It does not say it is wrong to eat but it is wrong to overeat. We believers need to think before we do anything. If we do things that make non-believers question our relationship with Christ, we are not doing as God desires. In the Voice translation there is a note that reads: 

Paul’s instruction on this matter is clear: believers should give up their rights and freedoms for the sake of others. This is the essence of sacrifice. This is what Jesus did. This is what Paul does. Otherwise, community becomes impossible. But no state or church authority should force compliance; it must arise from a heart of love and a disposition that puts the needs of others first.

I strive to live as God desires. I do not want to get before Him on the Day of Judgement and be questioned about things I did that made others fall out of relationship with Him or not even have the desire to be in relationship with Him because of what I did. I also strive to preach what He gives me and if it is subjects people do not want to hear it is on Him not me. Sometimes He 'steps on our toes' with teachings and preaching. We all need it. We need to be reminded of what He desires for our lives. We should not live the way others desire us to live but only the way He does. I desire to honor Him with every aspect of my life. 

This is my desire you to honor you
Lord, with all my heart I worship you
All I have within me I give You praise
All that I adore is in you

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me today and blessing me with safe travels! Thank You for the time ahead to be with my Momma, family, friends. and Rickey! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the reminder that I need to live for You not for others! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Lord, I pray peace over many going through some tough times. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Thank You for being My Desire! Amen.



No comments: