Sunday, October 17, 2021

I Peter 2:1-11 - "Nobody"

 


I woke up this morning thinking about today's sermon. I get so excited with the way God crafts the sermons He desires me to share. Some days I can hardly stand it. There are many times when my fingers do not move fast enough on the keyboard with what He gives me. I pray for preachers who are feeling like they have nothing to give to realize it is not them BUT GOD who needs to craft the sermon to present. It is not up to us to 'save' people BUT GOD. We can come up with all kinds of plans of ways to minister to people BUT GOD must be the One to orchestrate such plans. This morning I am praying for pastors to walk through the door of their church building expecting something big from God. I am praying for those who need a healing in their spirit to be ready to receive and for those who need to hear from God to be open to what He says. None of us are alone in this journey of life. He is always with us and always ready to encouragement us through the 'tough' days of life. He desires us to be successful. He does not set us up to fail. The enemy loves failure but not God. I am so excited to start the sermon series "You Are Chosen!" We have gone through hearing how we are unique and different and now He brings us to hearing how He chose us to accomplish the gifts He has revealed to us. Woo hoo! These are some exciting days in the Beaufort Church of the Nazarene and I am so blessed to be called to be their leader. I Peter 2:1-11 is entitled in The Passion Translation "Growing In Holiness" and that is exactly what we are doing. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of a song Casting Crowns sings called "Nobody"....

Moses had stage fright
And David brought a rock to a sword fight
You picked 12 outsiders nobody would've chosen
And You changed the world
Well, the moral of the story is
Everybody's got a purpose
So when I hear that devil start talking to me, saying
"Who do you think you are"
I say...

I'm just a nobody
Trying to tell everybody
All about Somebody who saved my soul
Ever since You rescued me
You gave my heart a song to sing
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus

God chose each one of us to be the godly man or woman He has called us to be. He chose us to love on others with His love so all can have eternal life with Him. We all need to get better at being who He chooses us to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the time of fellowship with the ladies yesterday! Thank You for the new friends I made at the breast cancer event and at Alex's birthday celebration! Thank You for a time of rest yesterday afternoon and for Rickey's words that encouraged me greatly throughout the day! Thank You for all the ways You bless me throughout my days! Some days are harder than others but You are always here for me and I praise You for that. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray anointing over the sermon You have given me to present. May it change our lives in a great way. Lord, once again I ask for Your touch on many going through 'tough' days. May we all remember You are always with us and You chose us to be here at this time for a purpose.  My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Tony and Madelene; Melanie; Cait; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; Jennifer Brake's grandparents and others with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Donna from her fall; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I pray for Pastor Greg and his family with the loss of his dear Momma and continue to pray for Carrie and her family with the loss of her Momma. Thank You for being The One Who Choose Me! Amen.

No comments: