Friday, October 15, 2021

Psalm 28; Ephesians 6:14-20 - "Ever Be"


The Lord took me to several Psalms this morning and stopped me at Psalm 28. David praises God for being his strength and his shield. He praises Him as he trusts Him. David realized what we all need to realize. God is always there for us. Even when we don't live as He desires He is there for us. When we miss opportunities He puts before us, He is there for us. We must come to the realization in life He is here to stay. He gives us the choice to live for Him or not. He chose us to be godly people who share His love with others. Some days are harder than others to live in His will. The enemy likes to trip us up anyway he can. We must be on guard at all time to stand up against the enemy. We need to put on the full armor of God that Paul wrote of Ephesians 6:14-16. The belt of truth; breastplate of righteousness; feet fitted with the Gospel of peace; shield of faith; helmet of salvation; and the sword of the spirit AKA the Word of God. Paul continues on in verses eighteen through twenty of the importance of prayer. These pieces of 'armor' are ones we need to wear 24/7. When we do, we will be empowered to praise Him even in the 'tough' days of life. I am reminded of a song Bethel sings called "Ever Be" and am praising God for who He is in my life.

Your praise will ever be on my lips, ever be on my lips
You Father the orphan
Your kindness makes us whole
And You shoulder our weakness
And Your strength becomes our own
Now You're making me like you
Clothing me in white
Bringing beauty from ashes
For You will have Your bride

My heart breaks for so many going through difficult times yet I know it is through such times that we will be made into the people He desires of us when we choose Him. I know our faith grows stronger in such times as the loneliness of being a widow. I know it grows stronger the more we choose to allow Him to be our inner strength. The more we allow Him to Be our shepherd leading us forward, forever carrying us in your arms! the more at peace we will be even in the midst of the trials of life. The more we lean into Him the more our faith will grow.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Psalm 28 and this song that reminds me to lean into Your strength no matter what is happening in my little world! Thank You for being with me yesterday as it was another emotional day! Thank You for being with everyone who are going through 'tough' days! May we all experience Your strength in a way that will take our faith deeper. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way today. May I fully trust in You! May we all realize You today in the way You so desire. Father, I pray for Jan to dig deep into You as she goes through this painful time after knee surgery. I pray for all who are grieving the loss of loved ones especially the Kilgore family with Ervin's funeral today. Thank You for continuing to be with my Momma as she has so much happening in her life right now! Thank You for June and Tim who helped her yesterday!  Thank You for being with: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Lisa; Tony and Madelene; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; Jennifer Brake's grandparents and others with COVID; and so many others. I praise You for good reports for Wanda Brown's granddaughter and Josh Gerber's mother. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Donna from her fall; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I praise You for the encouragement Rickey gives me and the way You love on me through him. Thank You for all of the ways You bless me! Thank You for the day ahead and the opportunities You will put before me to love with Your love! I pray for a good visit with Marion and I pray her pain is less today. Thank You for blessing Sally with another year of life! Thank You for being My Inner Strength! Amen.

No comments: