Monday, October 18, 2021

II Timothy 4 - "God Is Good"


Yesterday as the second song began I felt the 'hippy-hippy shakes' come on. They were not extremely bad so I thought if I could just take a pill I would be fine. I also thought about how it takes a bit of time for the pill to kick in and it was almost time for me to go up to the pulpit. I prayed against the enemy having any joy in my situation. I felt like it was an attack from him and that made me want to fight it even more. I was so thankful Clay prayed at the end of the song. I'm sure he didn't know what I was going through but could see I was struggling. The charge given to me at the time of my ordination service this summer goes through my mind. In the New King James Version II Timothy 4:2a reads, Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. I made the choice yesterday to  continue the best I could with the situation I was in. I made the choice to not allow the enemy win. I made the choice to allow God to be glorified through me. I made the choice to Preach the Word!  Plain and simple. I made the choice to lean into God's strength because He chose me! The result may not have been the 'prettiest' sermon but it was all God and that is all that matters. It took taking two pills and trusting and God saw me through a 'tough' time. It was another 'first' that I would be happy to never repeat. No matter what happens in life we must be ready to do what He has called us to do and be who He has called us to be. Be ready in season and out of season. We never know what or where He will call us but we can be assured He does not set us up to fail. He wants to see us succeed. The desire of His heart is for us to fulfill the call He puts on our life. Yesterday as I was getting dressed I put on one of my Scripture scarves because it was the five year mark of my breast cancer diagnosis this past week. When the shakies started, I grabbed it and felt God's arms around me. God Is Good is on my heart this morning...

Joy comes, tears fall
I'm learning there is beauty in it all
It's not hard to find it, you just have to look
Oh, God is good

This song touches me greatly. We have to find the 'good' in the 'tough' times of life if we want to glorify God through them. He loves us greatly and is always with us. Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for being with me in a mighty way when the 'hippy hippy shakes' started in service yesterday! Thank You for them not being extremely bad! Thank You for the call upon my life from II Timothy 4:2a. Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Woo hoo! You are good at reminding me of the desires of Your heart for me. I am one blessed lady. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May all who hear/see me today hear/see You. Lord, go before with what is on the calendar but please do not let my focus go off of you so that I miss any opportunity You put before me. Thank You for loving me through Rickey! I am so blessed by his encouraging words across the miles. I pray blessings over many going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Colleen with her high BP; Steve; Tony and Madelene; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. I pray for Jennifer Brake with the death of her grandmotherThank You for being The One Who Choose Me! Amen.

No comments: