Sunday, October 3, 2021

Psalm 23 - "Let Me Tell You About My Jesus"




I woke up with a song Anne Wilson sings called "Let Me Tell You About My Jesus" going through my mind. She wrote of this song...

A few years ago, I went through a season of tragedy. My older brother, Jacob, who was my best friend and someone I looked up to in every way, lost his life in a car accident at the age of 23. That night I heard God’s voice so clear and He spoke to me for the first time. He said, “Anne, are you going to trust me or not?” I answered, “Jesus, I trust you.” In an instant, Jesus lifted the heavy weight off and told me that He would give me everything I need to get through this. Jesus began to show me that He was a personal God. When people hear to this song, I want them to feel that Jesus is personal; and while our stories may look different, the same Jesus that I call “My Jesus” can be your Jesus too. – Anne Wilson

The sermon God gave me for next week is about how we all have experiences in life that can either shape us or break us. Breaking is not always a negative when we allow God to break us so He can make us into what He desires. When we say 'yes' to His will and walk in obedience to Him, we will be blessed in abundance. We do not have to fear the future but instead need to embrace it with Him as our Guide. Psalm 23 is one of comfort but it is also one that encourages me greatly. The first two verses show of a relationship with God. David had a personal relationship with God and allowed Him to be his Guide. Verse three shows restoration when we fall away. There were many times David made wrong decisions yet God never turned away from Him. He does the same for us today. Verse four gives us reassurance of life with Him not only on this earth but for eternity. That reassurance goes into verses five and six with the reward of living with Him forever. There will be no sorrow in heaven, only joy. There will be no more 'junk' to deal with, only peace. Praise His Holy Name! The only way to live with Him forever is to live for Him now while on this earth. Oh how I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to guide them. I pray when people take their last breath on earth more will find themselves in heaven. 

Are you past the point of weary
Is your burden weighing heavy
Is it all too much to carry
Let me tell you ‘bout my Jesus
Do you feel that empty feeling
‘Cause shame’s done all its stealing
And you’re desperate for some healing
Let me tell you ‘bout my Jesus

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities to love with Your love yesterday! Thank You for the fun time with Cait going to the band competition! Thank You for the safe travels! Lord, I pray today for every pastor who will bring Your Word to do so with boldness. I pray we will all not just say what people want to hear but what You desire of us. I pray for open hearts to what is presented and decisions that will be made. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire for You to ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a mighty way. Thank You for the great update on Frank's surgery and the police officer finally off of the vent! Thank You for being with all who are dealing with COVID and the medical personnel caring for them! Thank You for giving me Rickey who encourages me so greatly and helps me get through the times of loneliness! Thank You for loving so greatly on so many going through 'tough' days! My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Scott; Lisa; Steve; many with cancer treatments/surgeries: Pastor Kevin, Ashley, my friend's niece Amy, Gay and Doug, Little Ivy, Ed, and many more; those who have lost loved ones especially the Edwards, Garrison and Pastor Tony Lupton families; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Joan; Melanie; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Stacy recuperating from knee surgery; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; William Younger Family; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Guide! Amen.

No comments: