Monday, October 4, 2021

Psalm 97 - "What Faith Can Do"


God took me to Psalm 97 this morning. I love the way He encourages me. This Psalm reminds me to stay focused on Him. When I do, I will be blessed in abundance. Joy will flow from me in a way people will desire the same. I cannot be crabby when He is my focus. I will not blatantly sin when I stay focused on Him. Matthew Henry wrote of the last part of this Psalm: 

The faithful servants of God may well rejoice and be glad, because he is glorified; and whatever tends to his honour, is his people's pleasure. Care is taken for their safety. But something more is meant than their lives. The Lord will preserve the souls of his saints from sin, from apostacy, and despair, under their greatest trials. He will deliver them out of the hands of the wicked one, and preserve them safe to his heavenly kingdom. And those that rejoice in Christ Jesus, and in his exaltation, have fountains of joy prepared for them. Those that sow in tears, shall reap in joy. Gladness is sure to the upright in heart; the joy of the hypocrite is but for a moment. Sinners tremble, but saints rejoice at God's holiness. As he hates sin, yet freely loves the person of the repentant sinner who believes in Christ, he will make a final separation between the person he loves and the sin he hates, and sanctify his people wholly, body, soul, and spirit.

These words encourage me to keep on keepin' on! They encourage me to remember I must always love people even when I do not like what they are do. I must love those who speak harsh words over me. I must love everyone with His love. When my boys were growing up, I taught them you do not have to like everyone but you do have to love them with God's love. This is important to remember throughout life. People are not always nice. They say and/or do things that can cut us to the core. But Jesus is there to use those times to stretch our faith. He is always there to encourage us. Verses ten through twelve in The Message reads:

God loves all who hate evil,
And those who love him he keeps safe,
Snatches them from the grip of the wicked.

Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people,

Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil. 

So, God’s people, shout praise to God,

Give thanks to our Holy God!


Woo hoo! What a blessing these words are to me. I love the word pictures given with light-seeds and joy-seeds! Seeds are planted in us to grow and mature into being what God desires. We, in turn, can plant seeds in others. Woo hoo! As I read this Psalm again verse five stuck out to me. It reads in The Message: The mountains take one look at God
And melt, melt like wax before earth’s Lord. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the song "What Faith Can Do".....

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do

We all have God dreams. Dreams He has laid on our hearts and we are waiting to have them come into reality. We cannot give up on those dreams but instead must lean into Him as we wait. In His time they will happen. In the manner He desires they will happen. If He gave them to us, they will happen. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for encouraging me through this Scripture and song! Thank You for encouraging me with yesterday's service! Thank You for lunch with friends and a time of rest! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You for the laughter over the phone with Rickey and his friends last night! I need laughter in my life. Some days are just harder than others with loneliness. When the body tries to give me issues, it's hard to be alone but then You remind me I am not alone. You are always with me. Praise Your Holy Name! Father, I don't know what is ahead in this day but I know You do and that is good enough for me. I pray for ones going through 'tough' days to feel Your presence in a mighty way. I pray for those who are dealing with loneliness to have people make contact with them. Thank You Father for providing what we need! I pray for the Garrison, Edwards, Younger, and Lupton families with recent losses. I pray for those going through or recuperating from procedures/treatments to receive healing. Ashley, Pastor Kevin, Sharon's niece Amy, Gay and Doug, Little Ivy, Ed, Frank, Thank You for being with all who are dealing with COVID! My heart broke yesterday to hear of a little two-year-old who has it. It breaks for Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant. I continue to pray for: my Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary;  Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Scott; Lisa; Steve; Joan; Melanie; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones who are dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; and so many others. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Faith Builder! Amen.

No comments: