Sunday, October 24, 2021

Psalm 23 - "Thank You Lord"


I prayed for a long time before going to bed for pastors who are going through 'tough' days. It can be challenging to be a pastor but thank the Lord He is always here for us. I thought about one night this week when I received a call from a distraught lady. I pray the words God gave me comforted her. Sometimes people think a pastor can solve all their problems but God is the Only One who can do that. Sometimes people think a pastor has all the answers but we don't. We have the 'right' answers when God reveals them to us but if we are not in relationship with Him where we hear Him that is not possible. I woke this morning thinking about Psalm 23. This Psalm gives me comfort in so many situations. It comforts me when the enemy tries to put fear upon me. It gives me God's wisdom when I feel like I am lacking. I love reading it in different versions. This morning I settled into the Passion Translation

I absolutely love the comfort of verse two. He offers a resting place for me in his luxurious love. His tracks take me to an oasis of peace near the quiet brook of bliss. His love is where I find who I am supposed to be. It is His love that encourages me through 'tough' days and blesses me in abundance. His love is described in verse three. That’s where he restores and revives my life. He opens before me the right path and leads me along in his footsteps of righteousness so that I can bring honor to his name. The best part about His love is it is for all. He does not just lavish it on some but all of us when we allow Him. My heart breaks for so many who are not allowing Him to love on them. If they would only realize how different life could be for them. In the Passion Translation this Psalm begins by calling Him my best friend and my shepherd. That is exactly who He is to me. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded this morning of the song "Thank You Lord" and feeling blessed for who God is in my life and for the way He loves me so greatly. I am so thankful for the ways He blesses me everyday.

Thank You Lord for the hard times
For lighting the way in the dark times
For pulling me in, forgiving again
The times that I took it too far, I

Gotta thank You for keeping me humble
For picking me up when I stumble
And although I change, You stay the same
And I don't say thank You enough

For my mama, for my friends
For Your love that never ends
For the songs that make us dance
On this ol' dirt floor
For my babies, for my girl
For the way they changed my world (changed my world)
Waking up today
Yeah, I just gotta say
Thank You Lord

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings from yesterday of time with my Momma, Kim taking us out for lunch, and seeing a movie with Rickey! Thank You for all the ways You love on me! Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night when I woke, and again this morning! I pray again for those going through 'tough' days to give everything to You. I pray the same for others going through 'tough' days to lean into You.
My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I lean into You more and continue to seek Your will in my life. I pray I will bless You in the day ahead as You bless me. Thank You for the time this afternoon with Ben's family! I can't wait to see them! I pray blessings over Anna today as she celebrates her birthday. Thank You for being My Best Friend! Amen.

No comments: