Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Psalm 24 - "King of Glory"

 


The Lord took me to Psalm 24 this morning. I had a dream last night that some would consider a 'bad' one while others would rejoice. Death can be both. When we have a loved one leave this earth, there is sadness because they are no longer with us. When they are believers and we have assurance they are with the Lord, there is rejoicing. I loved reading how Ms. Savon and her family laughed and enjoyed the video of her dear Momma. I remember one funeral years ago where I saw an adult daughter walk out with a smile on her face and I wondered how she could do so. I now understand how that is possible. It is only through leaning into God's strength that one can do so. It is through having a relationship with God yourself and knowing your loved one did to that makes a time of death easier to get through. God is glorified through our actions, words, attitude, and thoughts every day we are on this earth. Even in the midst of family turmoils God can and will shine through when we allow Him. I am reminded of the words to Third Day's song "King of Glory"...

Who is this King of Glory with strength and majesty
And wisdom beyond measure, the graceous King of kings
the Lord of Earth and Heaven, the Creator of all things
Who is this King of Glory, He's everything to me

I pray His strength and His wisdom over many going through 'tough' times. I have sent so many sympathy cards in the last month or so. It seems like every day there is another death. I am so thankful for people who are in relationship with the Lord and depend upon His strength in such times. I also am thankful for those who are there to help those not in relationship with Him to get through such times. God is always there for us and always desires to help us. He is always there to encourage us and love on us. I am so grateful for this knowledge.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for being with so many who have lost a loved one! Thank You for being with Ms. Savon and her family with her mother's arrangements today and tomorrow! Thank You for continuing to be their strength! Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love even though the only time I left the house was to go for walks! Thank You for what I accomplished yesterday and for my call with Ben last night! What a blessing he is in my life! Thank You for the blessing of bringing Rickey into my life especially with the laughter we have together even though we are seven hundred miles apart! Thank You for being with so many going through 'tough' days! May all be reminded of Your love with whatever they deal with today. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen as she has a doctor appointment tomorrow; Steve; Lisa; Pete and Delores; Tony Madeline; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Family; Norma Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; Wanda Brown's granddaughter; Jenn Brake's grandparents, David Kilgore's father, and others with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Josh Gerber's mother; Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You will flow out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. I pray for Your anointing over my sermon writing and everything I do throughout the day ahead. Thank You for being My King of Glory! Amen.

No comments: