Friday, October 29, 2021

Proverbs 31:25 - "Sparrows"

 

My heart hurt to leave my Momma. Getting old stinks. I am so proud of her and love her to pieces. I wish I could be there to help her through these days but I know I am where God wants me to be. I also know He is with her and that is all that matters. I am thankful for all we accomplished during my visit, appointments that were taken care of, and the memories made. I am thankful for the tears that fell as we talked and for people who stop in and check on her. I am so thankful for today's technology that helps her stay connected to the world even in times such as COVID. I remember when I was growing up there would be a fight each month when the phone bill came. My Daddy would get so mad about it being so much. Back then every minute was costly. My Momma would limit her calls to usually once a week to her Momma. As I think about that practice I am thankful we can pick up the phone and call each other anytime we want. I also am thankful for the technology that allows me to have my cell phone with me to answer her whenever she calls. When I left she said, "Sheila Babe we never know what tomorrow holds." This is so true and we need to make the most of every day God gives us with our loved ones. My heart hurts for family relationships that are broken. It hurts for those who are not in relationship with the Lord to realize He is in control of every aspect of our life. I am so thankful my Momma knows Him and lives in His strength every day. She is a great example for all of us to follow. I have Jason Gray's song "Sparrows" going through my mind this morning...

If He can hold the world He can hold this moment
Not a field or flower escapes His notice
Oh even the sparrow
Knows He holds tomorrow

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my Momma who loves You dearly! Thank You for the example she gives to all who know her of how to live for You! I pray blessings upon her day with her appointment and all that is ahead for her. I pray for people to contact her so she is not lonely. Lord, give her exactly what she needs to continue to be who You have called her to be. When the loneliness creeps in, I pray for her to feel Your loving arms wrapped around her. I pray for my day that is filled with activities to be a blessing to You. May I not miss any opportunity You put before me to love with Your love. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be who You have called me to be. I continue to pray for so many going through 'tough' days.  I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; a young man out of rehab and needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Ed; and Frank. Thank You for the memories made with Rickey during my trip to Ohio! I pray blessings over his day today with students. Thank You for being My Tomorrow Holder! Amen.

No comments: