Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Psalm 41 - "Believe For It"

The Lord took me to Psalm 41. I read it in different versions to get a better appreciation for David's words. We all have needs. Physical, mental, emotional, financial, professional, and spiritual. Our spiritual needs are the most important. When they are taken care of, all of the rest of our needs will be too. When we are dealing with a physical ailment and are leaning into God, we have His peace. If we are floundering about in life instead of allowing Him to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we will be in great distress. In The Passion Translation this Psalm is entitled "Lord, I Need You" and we all surely do need Him. We need Him not only when we are in trouble but 24/7. The more we live for Him in 'good' days the more we will appreciate Him in 'tough' days. The days of late have been challenging. They definitely have not been the worst days I have gone through but they definitely are not the 'best' either. But I know it will be OK. I know He will restore my body and He will give me direction on what I need to do. Praise His Holy Name! I am reminded of the words to a song CeCe Winans sings called "Believe For It"...

You are the way when there seems to be no way
We trust in You, God, You have the final say

Move the immovable
Break the unbreakable
God, we believe
God, we believe for it
From the impossible
We'll see a miracle
God, we believe
God, we believe for it

No matter what circumstance we are going through God can and will change it in His time according to His will. We may not understand such times but in reality we do not need to understand. God knows and that is all that matters. It amazes me how many people I talk with that 'have to have an answer' about their situation. Isn't it enough to know God knows best? Isn't it enough to know God's time is the best time? Isn't it enough to know details are up to God not us? I believe so. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

We complain, and justly, of the want of sincerity, and that there is scarcely any true friendship to be found among men; but the former days were no better. One particularly, in whom David had reposed great confidence, took part with his enemies. And let us not think it strange, if we receive evil from those we suppose to be friends. Have not we ourselves thus broken our words toward God? We eat of his bread daily, yet lift up the heel against him. But though we may not take pleasure in the fall of our enemies, we may take pleasure in the making vain their designs. When we can discern the Lord's favour in any mercy, personal or public, that doubles it. If the grace of God did not take constant care of us, we should not be upheld. But let us, while on earth, give heartfelt assent to those praises which the redeemed on earth and in heaven render to their God and Saviour.

We need to praise God through the 'good' and the 'tough' days. We need to praise Him for all He does for us and through us. The more we praise Him, the more our focus will be on Him instead of our problems. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the opportunities to love on others yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for rest yesterday! May You continue to restore me physically and emotionally. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray You will ooze out of me in a new, different way today. I pray for praises to flow not only from my lips but from the lips of ones going through 'tough' days. My Momma; my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother; Ben and Colleen; Tony and Madeline; Scott; Lisa; Steve; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Rachael and Bill Watts; Sharon Sebolt; Courtney Pottenger Family; Ms Savon; Norma Hall; Kayla; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; and so many others. I pray for the Garrison, Edwards, Younger, and Lupton families with recent losses. I pray for those going through or recuperating from procedures/treatments to receive healing. Ashley, Pastor Kevin, Sharon's niece Amy, Gay and Doug, Little Ivy, Ed, Frank, Thank You for being with all who are dealing with COVID! My heart breaks for Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant. Thank You for bringing Rickey into my life and for the way he encourages me greatly even with being seven hundred miles apart! Thank You for being The One I Praise! Amen.



No comments: