Monday, October 11, 2021

Psalm 97:10-12 - "Gospel Song"

I woke up this morning with a song Rhett Walker sings called "Gospel Song" and thought about the privilege I had to sing the closing song with Clay yesterday. 

Ain't nothing like a gospel song
Makes me want to sing it all day long
Something 'bout that amazing grace sound of praise
Makes my troubles not seem so strong
Let me hear a heart set free
Holy Bible to a melody
Turn it up and then play it again, play it again, play it
On and on and on
Ain't nothing like a gospel song

The closing song was "Because He Lives" and was a perfect Gospel song to end the service! We never know what tomorrow holds but when we our grounded in our faith we know who does. It is hard in our humanness to allow God to be in control but it is a must if we want to live with Him for eternity. Yesterday's sermon was about how life experiences can have either a positive or a negative on our life. It's our choice. God desires us to use our experiences...both negative and positive...to stretch our faith. He desires to use our experiences to help others. He desires to empower us through the 'junk' of life and empower us to share our story with others to encourage them. I was reminded of Psalm 97:10-12. It reads in The Message:

God loves all who hate evil,
And those who love him he keeps safe,
Snatches them from the grip of the wicked.

Light-seeds are planted in the souls of God’s people,

Joy-seeds are planted in good heart-soil. 

So, God’s people, shout praise to God,

Give thanks to our Holy God!


I love the word picture of 'light-seeds' and 'joy-seeds'! God plants seeds in us to mature and grow. We in turn can plant seeds in others as we allow Him to work in and through us. Our faith will stretch as we go through life experiences. We will come out on the other side of such experiences stronger in our faith as we allow God to make us into who He desires us to be. I continue to allow God to make me into who He desires. My life goal is heaven and I am intenitional in making this goal!


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for a day of blessings yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for the wonderful service yesterday, Baughan's taking me to lunch, the nap You provided, visits with neighbors on my walk, and ending the day once again laughing with Rickey over the phone! I sure do live a great life because of You. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more or You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a mighty way. Lord, my heart breaks for Ms. Savon and her family with the homecoming of her dear Momma. May You continue to be close to them. It breaks for Mike who not only is mourning Roxanne's loss but now facing shoulder surgery. It breaks for my Momma who is overwhelmed with the 'junk' of life. There are so many people going through 'tough' days. I pray all will lean into You and allow You to be the needed strength to not only get through such times but to glorify You through them. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Lisa; Pete and Delores; Tony Madeline; Melanie; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; Pottenger Family; Normal Hall; Chrissy, her Mom, and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; those with COVID; and so many others. I praise You for Wanda Brown's granddaughter being released from the hospital and pray for continued healing for her. I continue to pray for healing for: Josh Gerber's mother; Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Ed; and Frank. Thank You for being My Goal! Amen.


No comments: