Thursday, October 28, 2021

Psalm 5:3; I Thessalonians 5 - "Great Expectations"


What a blessing to receive a picture of my house at sunrise from my neighbor Tiffany! I love it! I am ready to be home even though it was a wonderful trip. I am thankful for all that was accomplished for my Momma and the memories made with many. I am thankful for the time Rickey and I had to have some meals together. Even though the fall foliage wasn't in full force there were still some beautiful trees to be seen. It was fun knocking off some more of the things on my '60 Things To Do The Year I Turn 60' list. I also am grateful for today's technology that allowed me to minister to my South Carolina family while being seven hundred miles away. It does not matter where I am God still hears my prayers. It does not matter where others are when they ask me to pray because I am always praying. Yesterday's prayer requests included two deaths, a financial need, some health issues, a great emotional need, and some personal things. I am so thankful God hears our prayers no matter where we are, what we are doing, who is around us, etc. I am thankful He knows our prayers before we even speak them. Praying is not for Him but for us. Praying draws us closer to God and takes our faith deeper. It is something I do throughout the day. Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5 to pray without ceasing. I find the verses before and after to be very important in our walk with God. Rejoice at all times. Pray without ceasing. Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. No matter what is ahead in this day I need to remember to be joyful and be thankful. Psalm 5:3 tells us to lay out the pieces of my life on the altar and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. In the NIV it says to wait expectantly. Expectation has been given to me many times over the last few months from the Lord. I need to expect! I need to be ready for whatever He brings before me. Woo hoo! That is exciting to think about! I don't know where He is taking me but I know my faith will continue to deepen in the process. There may be some really 'tough' days ahead. If so, I say 'bring them on!' It is during the 'tough' days I grow more in my spiritual walk. I was reading in a Biblical note: 

Implied in the concept of preparing the morning sacrifice. The Aramaic text states, “At dawn I shall be ready and shall appear before you.” The Hebrew can also be translated “I’ll be on the watchtower [for the answer to come].” 

Woo hoo! I am so grateful for the Word we have to learn from, be encouraged by, and share with others. Again this morning God has "Great Expectations" going through my mind.

So wake the hope that slumbers in my soul
Stir the fire inside and make it glow
I'm trustin' in a love that has no end
The Savior of this world has called me friend
And I, I've been invited with the Son
Oh I, I've been invited to come and

We've been invited with the Son
And we've been invited to come and

Believe the unbelievable
Receive the inconceivable
And see beyond our wildest imagination
Lord, we come with great expectations

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the last seven days in Ohio! Thank You for the safe travels and protection You will give me today! Thank You for the picture Tiffany blessed me with this morning! Thank You for Rickey driving me to the airport and for the time we had to make more memories! Thank You for giving my Momma good doctor appointments! I pray You will be with her today with her appointment. It was so hard to leave but I know You are with her. I also know You have me right where You want me to be. I am so thankful for this knowledge! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May I not miss any opportunity to love with Your love today. Lord, I pray for so many going through 'tough' days. I pray those who know You will go deeper in their faith and those not in relationship with You will find You. I pray comfort for those who have lost loved ones. I pray strength in physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual bodies. I pray for: my sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; Ben and Colleen; Steve; Tony and Madeline; Joni; Wanda; Melanie; Cait; Mike; Joan; Terri Hall; Sharon Sebolt; the Pottenger Family; Carrie; Simone; Savon; Kandi; Serena's husband; Norma Hall; Donna; Chrissy and her cousin; some young ladies with anxiety; a man in rehab for anger issues; Tim and Kathy Kilgore; a young man out of rehab and needs strength in his daily walk; a friend who needs protection in a hostile workplace; ones dealing with verbal attacks from 'friends' and loved ones; a teen in a volatile home situation; many with COVID; and so many others. I continue to pray for healing for: Little Ivy with leukemia; Little Jensen who needs a heart transplant; Ashley; Pastor Kevin; Pastor Bill; Sharon's niece Amy; Gay and Doug; Rickey's singing partner Tim; Ed; and Frank. Thank You for Beth and Bob having safe travels back to California! I pray special prayers for one who was scammed yesterday. Lord, be greater than the hurts of life. Thank You for being My Expectation! Amen.

No comments: