Sunday, October 1, 2023

Psalm 23:6 - "All Because of Mercy"

Another Sunday...woo hoo! I love Sundays! I love to gather with my church family, preach, have fellowship together, etc. I am praying for all pastors to have a 'good' day. I know of some who are going through some tough times with physical issues in themselves and/or family members. I know of some who are going through 'tough' emotional and mental times in their ministry. My heart goes out for some situations I know of and I pray God will be their strength. God's love, grace and mercy is there for all of us. He desires for us to lean into His strength to not just get through such times but to glorify Him in the process. The first song that came on this morning when Doug turned on Alexa was one Casting Crowns sings called "All Because of Mercy"...

I know the only reason
I can stand here unashamed
Is not because I'm worthy
It's all because of mercy
There's no way that I could earn it
Praise God my debt is paid
It's not t because I'm worthy
It's all because of mercy

Jesus' death and resurrection was for all. God's sacrifice of His Son was so all could live. It is up to us on how we live. God gives us free will. We can choose to live in His love, mercy, and grace or not. When we make 'bad decisions, we can wallow around in the junk that goes along with such decisions or we can repent and move forward in our relationship. We all make mistakes but we don't have to live there. All it takes is turning away from such sin and allowing God to be Who He desires to be in our life.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for the reminder of Your love, mercy, and grace from "All Because of Mercy" that encourages all to choose You! Thank You for my husband Doug who loves me well! Thank You for all the ways You bless me through Him! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for all pastors to be aligned with You as they minister to many. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; a husband/father separated from his wife; Brooklyn; Amber; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friends; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Lord, be so close to Praise Assembly Church with today being their first Sunday since the sudden death of their pastor. Thank You for being My Choice! Amen.  

No comments: