Friday, October 20, 2023

II Corinthians 12:9-10 - "God Is In This Story"

The song "God Is In This Story" was what I woke up to this morning. God has blessed me with being in my story from the very beginning of life by blessing me with parents who loved Him and showed His love daily. He gave me two sons and a bonus son who have blessed me so much along with their ladies and the grand babies. It is so hard to believe my oldest granddaughter has her driver's permit! Wow, God! He blessed me with thirty-one years with a wonderful husband, Doc, who blessed me in abundance and taught me so much with his wisdom. Now He has blessed me with another wonderful husband, Doug, who blesses me every day. It amazes me how much the two of them have in common. My Daddy loved Doc for the way he took care of me. I know he would love Doug too. I was thinking about my sister Linda who makes quilts. She takes material and cuts it into specific shapes/sizes. Then she hand stitches the pieces together to make a beautiful quilt top. The next step is to put backing on it, put it into my grandma's quilting frames, and quilt it by hand stitching once again. Every piece of each of her quilts is done with love and I'm sure with prayers. When I crochet an afghan for someone, many prayers are included in the process. The end result of her quilts and my afghans is a beautiful work of art with a story. God is taking my days and turning them into a work of art. He is using me to love on others with His love. He is blessing me through many people who pray for me. God is using Doug to bless me every day through his hard work not only at our home but also at the church. He blesses me with the way he takes care of me or as some would say, he 'spoils' me. Every moment we are together is a gift from God. When God promised him to me nine months before we connected, I would never have imagined the man God had for me would be someone I knew from age five. Wow, God! There are so many times I feel like I do not deserve this life. I've not always followed God yet He has always been with me. I've not always done as I should yet He forgives and forgets. What a wonderful God He is! This year has been full of so many emotions with getting married again and losing my Momma. I would not be where I am today if I did not have God's strength.

God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Your being in my story from the beginning of my life! Thank You for all the ways You shower Your love on me! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life to continue the spoiling my Daddy and Doc did for me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! I pray Brian and his family will feel Your strength with the loss of Ruth. Thank You for being My Great Story Maker! Amen.

No comments: