Saturday, October 28, 2023

Philippians 4 - "God Is In This Story"

Waiting rooms are not the best place to be but I am thankful for doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. that we have to go to when needed. Yesterday I was in a waiting room three times. I tried to use my waiting time in the best way possible and that was praying. I prayed for not only myself and my appointments but also those around me. Goodness there were a lot of pregnant ladies yesterday. I prayed a lot for one who had twins under the age of one and another baby on the way. I also prayed for many couples who just received ultrasound pictures of their baby. The smiles on their faces were precious. I loved seeing men with the many of the ladies. Even though we were not there for the same reason I was thankful Doug was with me. Life is full of 'waiting rooms' and thankfully God is with us in every one of them. I am grateful He is there as we wait no matter what the circumstances are in life. 

Waiting on the next paycheck to pay the bills and put food on the table...                                   Waiting on a call from the doctor with test results and next steps....                                                Waiting on the birth of a child or grandchild...                                                                                 Waiting on healing for yourself or a loved one...                                                                             Waiting on restoration in an estranged relationship...                                                                   Waiting on God's direction...

All of these times can be agonizing yet they also can be filled with blessings. As we live in His presence we will experience His peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7). We will experience His strength (Philippians 4:13). We will experience more of God as we lean into Him. God woke me up to the song "God Is In This Story" this morning. I am standing upon these words knowing God is with me no matter what lies ahead...

God is in this story
God is in the details
Even in the broken parts
He holds my heart, He never fails
When I'm at my weakest
I will trust in Jesus
Always in the highs and lows
The One who goes before me
God is in this story

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. who have great wisdom! Thank You for Doug caring for me so well! Thank You for Jordan getting me into the ortho doctor Monday for this back issue! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over not only myself but many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullett; Marybeth's friend; David; Damon; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being with Pastor Libby, Pastor Roland, Pastor Donna and the rest of the District Work and Witness Team as they serve in Argentina! Thank You for being My 'Story 'Writer! Amen.



No comments: